Recent real estate transactions improve western UP trail access

goofy600

Another good thing is over in the Wakefield Bessemer area the atv/ snowmobile club will be doing a lot for work in that area. I don’t remember all the details but maybe someone from GRTA could give more information on the work to be done that way it was in the 450k-600k range so that is good news also.

mrbb

always good to see the state invest in more land,

and ??
maybe who ever won that 1 bill.ion Mega millions in MI can add some more , hoping there a snowmobiler who ever it was that won it! LOL

goofy600

Another good thing is over in the Wakefield Bessemer area the atv/ snowmobile club will be doing a lot for work in that area. I don’t remember all the details but maybe someone from GRTA could give more information on the work to be done that way it was in the 450k-600k range so that is good news also.

Hoosier

That's great news. Isn't this what a portion of the trail permits was supposed to go towards since the time they increased the price up to around $45/50? I thought that was a selling point behind that increase - that a good chunk of that would be used to purchase permanent easements. If I remember right, the MI governor held up the usage of those funds (this was a while back). I don't know if that was ever resolved.

Edit - I didn't read carefully enough - it says right in there it was purchased using funds from the Michigan Permanent Snowmobile Easement Fund.

2TrakR

Not speaking for them, but they did have a major bridge project that was going to be pretty expensive and this easement acquisition allows them to spend program dollars on it.