Red Wing/Lake City areas

snowlover

Just wondering if anybody has been riding around the Red Wing/Lake City area and south? I am wanting to head down there with my wife this weekend or next weekend possibly to get away and do a little trail riding. I called the Hay Creek Valley Campground and Saloon and she said people are riding and the trails are groomed. She said field trails are rough but in the woods are nice with a good base. Just checking to see of others on here have had a chance to ride down there to verify this.
Thanks!

sweeperguy

I was down there last week Sunday it was terrible. Hills spun bare, mostly snirt. Plowed field crossings were SUPER rough and tons of dirt.
Don't think they've gotten any real snow since. Groomer was out but not enough snow to be of any use. Think it'd be a mistake to go there. I would go up to Arrowhead, two harbors and ride north.

snowlover

Sounds good. We were thinking North Shore too. She works at Carlson so she gets cheap rates at Country Inns and Radison's so that pretty much designates where we go. I am now thinking my son and I may head to Two Harbors for a day trip on Friday. He doesn't work Friday's so that would work out pretty good. I may see if the Voyeuger has a room available just in case we decide to stay up a little longer.