RED WINGS!!!

D

deb

Even tho we lost against Chicago last nite (I'm so glad their team is improving!!) and this is Ozzie's first loss of the season!! I think the Wings are doing awesome!! I do know that allot of people wait 'til the end of the season to watch...but you gotta watch now so you know what you're up against and who to look out for!!
happy.gif
I thought we were supposed to go to 4 divisions so that we would play the original 6 more? What's up with that? We only play Boston once this year and I may have to attend that game in person!! if finances are ok!! I so do love going to away games!!
happy.gif

Tim & I have attended a game in Chicago in '02 and it was awesome just being there!! That was my first and only time in Chicago and LOVED it!! Also that year attended game 4 of playoff's in Denver..THAT was awesome!! We lost that game but as you all know we won the CUP that year as I knew we would!!!
happy.gif
They had a Red Wing Bar in Denver that has closed I guess when we missed that year in HOCKEY. How sad ..Very Cool Bar..Tin Fish I believe it was.

I also have been to Pittsburg (yes; just to see Jags!!and hopefully to get a glimpse of Mario!!)a couple of times and they have a VERY cool arena!! The people and and things to do there are so totaly cool!!
happy.gif

Even if you're not a RW fan it would be too cool if you posted your thoughts here!!
happy.gif
Even if nobody post anything here I don't care..just had to get my thoughts out!!
happy.gif

Take care,
Deb H

russ

Hey Deb,

I think it's next year when they start to unbalance the schedule somewhat and we play more Eastern teams.....and supposedly our beloved Mr. Gary Bettman has assured Detroit that it's only a matter of time before we move to the Eastern Conference where we belong. I think they're trying to start a franchise in Las Vegas -- great, just what we need, MORE expansion -- and when they do the Wings would move to the Eastern Conference.

The Wings seem to be very consistent in their play this year. There's not a wide discrepancy between their best games and their worst games. For some reason, though, the Hawks seem to bring out the worst in them.

Now, if only the refs would put away the whistles and stop making phantom calls. Is anybody as sick of this "basketball on ice" as I am? Geez, it's hockey -- let them play!

S

serena

OZZY looked good, Lang n Williams wanted blood last night.

GO WINGS!!

dave

I agree about Chicago getting better. I would love to see that rivalry equal the old Av's rivalry. Growing up in Minnesota (live in lower Michigan now) I have fond memories of the Chicago and North Star rivalry. Chicago fans would come in busses and start fights with us in the stands. It was great "old time hockey". Watching the Wings this year has been great. The Dats/Zetterberg/Holmstrom line is unbelievable. They are worth the price of admission. As for that bar in Denver, it was called the Tin Lizzy, I wasnt aware that they had closed their doors. Great little bar right in downtown.

squat

We can only hop the B-hawks get good enough to make the playoffs. I can’t stand having to go west for every round of the playoffs. At least we finally learned how to win out west. Our first sweep out west ever.
How about the “Z” man! Glad to see that.

<font color="ff0000">Let’s GO Red Wings! Clap,clap,clapclapclap. </font>

tommyboy

Deb H,

Being from the Chicago area and formerly a rabid Blackhawks fan, let me congratulate all Red Wings fans for being lucky enough to follow a really first class organization. I cannot remember when Detroit wasn't at the top of the heap.

Sadly for Chicago fans, "Dollar" Bill Wirtz did his absolute best to kill any enthusiasm this city once had for a proud tradition of Blackhawks hockey. Now that he has passed on, maybe his sons will restore some dignity to the organization. Only time will tell.

russ

Wow, I must be really old....cuz I can painfully remember when Detroit wasn't at the top of the heap!
sad.gif

C

cat

Rocky has already started bringing the Hawks back. He has put more home games on TV and I read that he has said that he will spend more money on free agents. I think this is the start of a major turn around!

D

deb

David S..Yes the Tin Lizzy!! My brother in law lived in Denver & had season tickets just so he could watch the Wings out there! Now they are moving to Boston & that's going to be cool too!!

And yes I wish the ref's would stop making those idiotic calls..let them play. Mickey was saying that he and his generation wouldn't be able to play in today's hockey.

David S..I just knew I would see your Go Leafs Go!! here!!! hahaha

Spoontroll..have fun at the game & check out the bar for us!!
happy.gif

Take care & have a great day!!
Deb H

D

dennis

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">LETS GO RED WINGS! CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP</font></font>