Redneck---Jan.23-24,2007 Woodruff,Boulder Jct.area

R

redneck

Left Chisago,MN.about 9 AM and reached Woodruff,Comfort Inn at 1 PM.Laid around the hot tub and pool,had a couple of cocktails and wound up at the Plantation.Had one fantastic prime rib,and the Redneck Woman had walleye---also very good.
The next morning we trailered back to the Plantation and unloaded.The temp was close to zero but my 800 was having a overheating problem.After taking a few wrong turns we found Chris Welch's Service Center,recommended.Discussed the problem and agreed my mud flap was too short(my rear bumper was 32 inches from the snow---running a newly installed M10 suspension).Chris added an extension to my flap.Problem solved.
Back on the trail to Boulder Jct.We found many
icy corners but the trails had enough snow and had been groomed.We stopped for lunch at Gooch's
Bar and Grill---great food.We rode the area by
Manitowish Waters and back towards Woodruff and the trailer.I'd call the trails Good to Fair.
The next morning we trailered into the Reservation on Hwy.47 and unloaded the sleds by the Legend Bar.Trail 17 was good for a ways towards Mercer but the snow was getting thin exposing gravel. We turned around and headed back to Woodruff for gas.We headed back up the trail 17/10.We turned north on 10 at the intersection to trail 51 which was excellent.We took the East Boundry Trail south to 17 and back to the trailer.Everybody needs snow---But all things considered,it was a good ride.
This Saturday we took two of my grand daughters
to see the newborn Golden Labs.Less of a week old and they are already 2 lbs.There were six and already 3 are spoken for.Registered and being sold for $500.Anyone interested send me an E-mail.
38635.jpg

Overheating problem...
38638.jpg

Problem solved...
38639.jpg

Redneck Woman and her 700 XC
38636.jpg

10000 miles and running strong
38640.jpg

Good trails

R

redneck

PS--Total miles were 156.
Hi Glen and Kay---I see you found my posting.
Pray for snow for us and I'll pray for sunny skys and warm temps for you.

bartski

Redneck, it was great to meet you have a good trip this weekend hopefully your wife dosen't lose any money in turtle lake. Bartski

R

redneck

Eric,
The bumper fit OK? Just had lunch at Turtle Lake and hit the road.Logged over 200 miles in Michigan---Copper Harbor and back to Houghton on Thursday and South Range to Twin Lakes and back on Friday.Alot of traffic as the day went on,Friday.I'll be posting a few pics as soon as I
get some time.
Terry

bartski

Terry the bumper worked great, thank you its about time we got some snow around here I have been on my sled for 5 days straight that little 2" dusting might have us riding into the weekend even. Lets see some of your pics and a new tread we will have to meet at the log cabin when the snow melts. Eric