Refrigerator help

mezz

He was able to get connected with the guy I referred to him & it is now fixed. I do however understand that the appliances today are not made the way they use to be. If you are lucky, many are good for a maximum of 7-10yrs. That is pretty crappy.

m8man

Mezz is spot on, good referra, has cashola, I have ice and no frozen food!!
repair guy ( retired) has exact same fridge!,

thanks Mezz

lofsfire

I’ve pulled everything out a couple times and defrosted it and there has been ice build up before and after board replacement.

fridge is set on highest digital setting of 42 degrees. Yes unplugged and let thaw totally another time. If u got a guy Mezz maybe u can text me the info or call me. hopefully not the same guy I left a few messages for and no return call.

ive been here 18 years and I’m on my 4th set of washer/dryer, 2nd stove, 3rd dishwasher, 3rd fridge, no more GE for me, going to research brands…. No clue on decent brands but cripes! I need a 40 year old fridge probably runs fine lol
Have you called GE and complained... My mom bought a new front-load Maytag back in the Spring of "98. It died on Christmas Eve in "98. Family coming over and she's cooking and trying to wash something last-minute... She called them after Christmas and of course, no one that could do anything was in over the holidays... At the same time, she had a repairman coming out who said the part was on backorder... Eventually, after the holidays she got through to someone at the corporate after a lot of phone calls. like a month's worth... And a month's worth of going to a laundry mat... She demanded to talk to someone higher up. Told them how she had just built a house that had an all-new Maytage appearance same as she had in her old house and told them all the trouble she went through. The complaint made its way up the chain and she received a call from the CEO apologizing and telling her they would take care of the washer and replace it with a new one sent, her a check for the broken one /reimbursement for having to go to the laundry mat for over a month.

Now I know my mom she is not rude but she gathers her facts and hits them with that type of information in a nice way, but in a way, it is hard to say no to her... It worked and she was very happy in the end.

The worst they can say is no, but with all those issues GE might do something for you...

Good Luck!

heckler56

Have you called GE and complained... My mom bought a new front-load Maytag back in the Spring of "98. It died on Christmas Eve in "98. Family coming over and she's cooking and trying to wash something last-minute... She called them after Christmas and of course, no one that could do anything was in over the holidays... At the same time, she had a repairman coming out who said the part was on backorder... Eventually, after the holidays she got through to someone at the corporate after a lot of phone calls. like a month's worth... And a month's worth of going to a laundry mat... She demanded to talk to someone higher up. Told them how she had just built a house that had an all-new Maytage appearance same as she had in her old house and told them all the trouble she went through. The complaint made its way up the chain and she received a call from the CEO apologizing and telling her they would take care of the washer and replace it with a new one sent, her a check for the broken one /reimbursement for having to go to the laundry mat for over a month.

Now I know my mom she is not rude but she gathers her facts and hits them with that type of information in a nice way, but in a way, it is hard to say no to her... It worked and she was very happy in the end.

The worst they can say is no, but with all those issues GE might do something for you...

Good Luck!
Former GE employee here (not appliances division). GE appliance division was sold over 10 years ago to one of the appliance conglomerates. From what I remember there are 3 companies that own 80%+ of the brands and they are 2 Korean companies and one Chinese. In today’s world I would guess your mom would need to speak another language to go higher up, or, write a scathing review online (cuz we all know how sensitive they are to their online presence).

I like your mom’s moxie. I bought a crappy car Clarion stereo for my car in 1976 and told the CEO in a letter I will never purchase another Clarion. Almost 50 years and I stand by my commitment!