Regal Boats

just_ride

thinking about getting back into boating. any feedback back on a good runabout. been looking at a Regal. looks like a solid boat, it has a few options on the motor a Merc 4.3 or Volvo V6.
looking for any feedback.
thanks

ezra

imho on the cheaper lower units the Volvo is the better drive.
other than that the 4.3 is the same GM on the merc and the Volvo

whitedust

Best bang for the buck is an all fiberglass boat no wood. If Regal has wood stringers I would not touch with a 391/2 foot pole. Most all fibergalss boats have a lifetime hull warrnty & that should tell you something. I'm an outboard guy now no interest in I/Os. I/O mpg & upkeep cost prohinitive compared to any new 2s or 4s outboard. Check it out things have changed outboards making a comeback in a big way. Runabout is such a BROAD term OEMS mounting wake board towers on everything now days..lol

polarisrider1

I am content with my V drives, thank you. Impellers twice changed and that's it in 13 years. You outboard guys... lol. Try that.

just_ride

runabout is broad, but I know i am not looking for a wood boat or a pontoon, and it won't be a fishing boat, cause I'm not fishing.
looking for something to cruise around the lake. jump off the back and go swimming and be easy to get back in the boat. Pull a couple skiers out of the water and be fun to wakeboard behind. And some one is bound to want to be pulled around in the tube. oh yes can't be an outboard and no carbs.
Thanks

whitedust

Big change in EPA requirements 4-5 of years ago for boat engines most marine 4s run cayts now & carbs use for outboard or I/O or Inboard went bye bye with that. Probably have to go back many years to buy engine with carbs & no cayt.

SledTL

I am content with my V drives, thank you. Impellers twice changed and that's it in 13 years. You outboard guys... lol. Try that.

They are great for driving and tubing that's about it. Too deep of hulls for bare footing and take half mile to get on plane which ain't good for slaloming. Have a Lund with a merc optimax outboard and it pulls just as good as any inboard.

I am on my 3rd Regal and love them. best boat out there. I have ad both merc and volva and I have had better luck with the volva. my current boat is a 2700es and it is the best big lake boat I have had!!!!!!!!!! love them and would highly recommend Regal.

Bootjacker

just_ride

I am on my 3rd Regal and love them. best boat out there. I have ad both merc and volva and I have had better luck with the volva. my current boat is a 2700es and it is the best big lake boat I have had!!!!!!!!!! love them and would highly recommend Regal.

Bootjacker

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like they are built
Solid. Looking at Volvo motor on the 1900es

Last edited: