Removing Power Valve - 2013 Polaris 800

mngolf4

So, what's the trick to removing the clutch-side power valve? Tried moving the steering post but that doesn't seem to provide enough clearance. Thanks in advance!

srt20

Just removed over structure and loosened the post on mine. Left the covers on. Little bit of muscle and finesse at same time. Once you get it, its not a big deal.

I had over structure off for other things, so I'm not sure if its required to remove it or notjust for ves.

mngolf4

srt20 - worked on this with a buddy and we couldn't see anyway to get it out without removing something else. Even tried pulling in the guillotine and couldn't get there. You're saying all you did was over the steering post to the side or toward the front of the sled? Same sled?

srt20

srt20 - worked on this with a buddy and we couldn't see anyway to get it out without removing something else. Even tried pulling in the guillotine and couldn't get there. You're saying all you did was over the steering post to the side or toward the front of the sled? Same sled?

I had the over structure off, and pulled on the stem fairly hard and pulled/wiggled the whole complete valve out. Just removed the 2 bolts holding the valve to the cylinder and the vacuum hose.
Did you have the over structure unbolted? Frame piece over the engine bay.
Mine is a 13 polaris 800 switchback.

mngolf4

I had the over structure off, and pulled on the stem fairly hard and pulled/wiggled the whole complete valve out. Just removed the 2 bolts holding the valve to the cylinder and the vacuum hose.
Did you have the over structure unbolted? Frame piece over the engine bay.
Mine is a 13 polaris 800 switchback.

Ah, I get it now. No, we only had the steering post loose. I would think it would still be easier to remove the cover from the power valve than mess with the over structure.

srt20

Ah, I get it now. No, we only had the steering post loose. I would think it would still be easier to remove the cover from the power valve than mess with the over structure.

Yeah that could be. I was doing other stuff as well and needed the over structure off. I decided to clean valve while I was in there.