Renegade Skid Relocate

indy_500

i don't know if moving it back is a good idea. but dropping it down works well. my old sled had it but i'm not sure how it was done because i was so young when we bought it. i didn't have anything to do with helping dropping it. i found some tunnel hanger's that drop the suspension for $40. that's the cheapest i've found. they're on www.firstplaceparts.com

116599.jpg

doo_dr

Why do you want to drop and push back? This skid has a total different geometry than 121 and summit skids. Moving can/will change the handling drastically and most of the time it is for the worst.

sledneck_jay

not sure on moving it back.. friend of mine told me about the relocate you can do on renegades. I dont care about trail performance, just off trail

doo_dr

The only thing relocating the front arm lower does is to allow the front of the sled to lift higher while keeping more track on the snow. It does load your suspension differently because you are changing only one point of the sleds contact points. It's like lifting the middle of the teater toter. The problem of this is the sled will really dive during braking and it will take longer for the sprung wieght to balance back out. The skid on the renegade designed to try to plant the skis back on the ground while the rear suspension is loading. That is the little blocks on the rear arms that come into contact with the rails. If you are looking to keep the front end up while riding off trail you will have to find a old summit skid to put in your sled. I have modified my skid on my 04 Rene but with fair sucess. It wasn't worth the time spent. Dropped in a older 136 summit skid and it worked great.