Restaurant thread for summer 2024

jjj70095

Paul Bunyans is open in Minocqua. I also heard a rumor that the Burger King is going to be a Popeyes Chicken and owned by the indian reservation.

hybrid

Gage Marine just bought the Boathouse restaurant on lake Minocqua
they also bought Stangl Marine last fall
Gage is investing some big bucks in Minocqua
I hear they plan to upgrade the docks and remodel the exterior of the restaurant to make it look more like a boathouse
Also the all new Yacht Club on lake Minocqua is now open
I heard they spent 2 million on there all new bar and grill
its looks super nice with all new docks
also looks like outside dining on the roof
place has been totally packed every time I drive past
road construction sucks there now
but should be really nice when all done

Last edited:

pclark

Paul Bunyans is open in Minocqua. I also heard a rumor that the Burger King is going to be a Popeyes Chicken and owned by the indian reservation.
Are you sure about Paul Bunyans? Have not heard about them reopening.

pclark

Everywhere you go it’s $40 for lunch, no booze, with tip. I bought a round of beers, 4 Coors lights at Mannys in MW at the outdoor bar, tipped her $5 and it was $29 total. I live for the old days but sadly will never see them again. It was Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and the place was not really as packed as I thought it would be. I really do think people are feeling the pinch.

jjj70095

Paul Bunyans may not be open after all. Drove by there this afternoon and 0 cars. When I drove by on Friday , the parking lot was full.
So not sure. Will check again tonight.

whitedust

Everywhere you go it’s $40 for lunch, no booze, with tip. I bought a round of beers, 4 Coors lights at Mannys in MW at the outdoor bar, tipped her $5 and it was $29 total. I live for the old days but sadly will never see them again. It was Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and the place was not really as packed as I thought it would be. I really do think people are feeling the pinch.
Oh yeah the battle of the $5 fast food meal was announced Friday Burger King will let it ride Mcds timing out at 40 days. Thresholds have been hit by many for bun and run. Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done to reduce fast food pricing suffering from high labor costs and food costs. How this all resolves itself is beyond me?????

SHOOT2KILL

I really do think people are feeling the pinch.
I was in Wi Dells Sunday...No money pinching going on there this weekend...The town was as overflowing with people as I have ever seen it...Pouring rain, 59*... and people were still playing in the outdoor waterparks...It was an absolute zoo...Im glad I was just driving thru...

jjj70095

I do not think Paul Bunyans is open after all. Nobody in parking lot there the past two days. The Yacht Club is packed. I do not know where all those people park.....and what condo owners think of the outdoor noise that is there now, that was not there in past years....

pclark

We stopped at the yacht club Saturday and it was busy. Cold and rainy, food prices were decent, nice place.

snobuilder

That is great news about Popeyes if true ...good product. But I have only found them in sketchy neighborhoods around MKE.
Good move if they are moving out of the "hood" and out to the Burbs and northwoods.

wiscrev

That is great news about Popeyes if true ...good product. But I have only found them in sketchy neighborhoods around MKE.
Good move if they are moving out of the "hood" and out to the Burbs and northwoods.
Everybody says that Popeyes is very good. We stopped at one [first time] in southern IL, I think Urbana, and it was terrible. The place as dirty, food was just ok and the service was absolutely terrible. It was like they didn't give a hoot. Hope this one is Minoqua is better.