Rhinelander and surrounding areas

Heading up Wednesday (yes warmest day of the week unfortunately) and wondering what current conditions are? They haven't updated there website and it still has the same message as over a week ago. Anyone have any info or suggested routes? We're staying at Clear Lake Inn and Resort (great accommodations btw.) Thanks in advance.

vipermike2002

Scott updated the snowtracks last night. He is one of the groomer operators.

http://snowtracks.com/reporter-areas/rhinelander-wisconsin/

I will be heading up to Rhinelander on Friday to Monday and also staying at Clear Lake. I have a friend that is already up at Clear Lake and is staying till Saturday so hopefully I will get an trail update from him and his crew today. I was up there two weeks ago and trails were great. Yes icy corners but they were smooth. The Rhinelander "city trail" was kinda beat up as expected but once you get out of the area trails improved. I was actually in Boulder a few days before that and trails were better south like in Rhinelander. No additional snow since then and heavy traffic but at least it has been cold. I am also worred about the temps Wednesday but good news is that they have a HARD base. Hopefully some snow will fall after the warmup.

Scott updated the snowtracks last night. He is one of the groomer operators.

http://snowtracks.com/reporter-areas/rhinelander-wisconsin/

I will be heading up to Rhinelander on Friday to Monday and also staying at Clear Lake. I have a friend that is already up at Clear Lake and is staying till Saturday so hopefully I will get an trail update from him and his crew today. I was up there two weeks ago and trails were great. Yes icy corners but they were smooth. The Rhinelander "city trail" was kinda beat up as expected but once you get out of the area trails improved. I was actually in Boulder a few days before that and trails were better south like in Rhinelander. No additional snow since then and heavy traffic but at least it has been cold. I am also worred about the temps Wednesday but good news is that they have a HARD base. Hopefully some snow will fall after the warmup.

Thanks for the info VM. I didn't look at snowtracks. I used to use that all of the time, but the main areas I ride don't get covered on there any longer. Good to hear. Will maybe see you this weekend. We'll be in the Ferncrest I believe. 4 Yammies and 2 Cats. I'll cross my fingers that Weds isn't too warm and things hold up well. Safe travels and riding.

vipermike2002

I will be in Nestlewood and a friend and his crew will be in Cedarnook.

Only spent two nights a few weeks ago.

First Day: Rhinelander>Sugar Camp>Three Lakes>Hile>Argone>Crandon>Monico>Rhinelander - Snow seemed thin in Crandon...

Second Day: Rhinelander>Harrison>Tomahawk>Woodboro>McNaughton>Sugar Camp>Rhinelander - Good ride, more snow over near Tomahawk it seemed.

Just a quick 20 mile ride to breakfast in Sugar Camp the next morning before we left but Sugar Camp trails are the best around!

jwmcatman

I will be in Nestlewood and a friend and his crew will be in Cedarnook.

Only spent two nights a few weeks ago.

First Day: Rhinelander>Sugar Camp>Three Lakes>Hile>Argone>Crandon>Monico>Rhinelander - Snow seemed thin in Crandon...

Second Day: Rhinelander>Harrison>Tomahawk>Woodboro>McNaughton>Sugar Camp>Rhinelander - Good ride, more snow over near Tomahawk it seemed.

Just a quick 20 mile ride to breakfast in Sugar Camp the next morning before we left but Sugar Camp trails are the best around!

I will be up this weekend till Monday then again following weekend, I did your 2nd day trip 2 weeks ago during the Saturday snow, one of my favorites. Shingle mill road trail is a hwy. east and north is also good three lakes sugar camp always decent. I’m on thompson lake, too bad trail no longer available on the lake, I must take lake to holiday acres or ride lake Thompson road to C, I heard hodag is working on a reroute for next year. Trails have been really good. See you on the trails.