Rhinelander area single track?

snobinge

I am hoping to find some more technical single track type of riding near Rhinelander. I am familiar with the Parish and Harrison trail systems. Those are nice and accessible with a short ride from our cabin(5 mi west of Rhinelander) but I would like to find other more technical options for dirt oriented dual sport bikes. Please respond to this thread or PM/email. Thank you for any/all insight!

tackerman1@
wi.rr.com

chunk06

I'm out of the loop on Dirt Bikes, but I believe there is very little actual single track in Wisconsin. One of the main reasons I do not have a bike anymore.

I heard from Greg at Trackside last year that he is involved with a group that is looking at developing some single track trails, I believe up in the Conover and Land O Lakes area. Maybe he will chime in with an update.

cooksend

True Story Eagle River Mike! We actually went out and did an inventory on work needed to get the ball rolling once the snow melts...

We are the "Landover DualSporters" and are part of the Landover ATV/UTV club. If you ride OHM or Dirtbike please join the club. Your $20 will stay with the ATV portion of the club and we ask that you add an additional donation to help the Dual Sporters out. Also please note that you are interested in OHM usage!

Our project "The Tamaracks" is a planned 3 phase trail system that will allow fun for riders of all levels. We hope to have phase 1 open by late August. This will be the most open and simplest portion of the trail with approx 8.5 miles of trail. Phase 2 has been GPS's and we will start work once phase 1 is complete. This portion of trail will have a few more features added to make the trail a bit more technical while Phase 3 will be our Hero Section and the most difficult.

As of last year a new OHM program was adopted in WI and we now need to purchase a registration sticker just as snowmobiles, ATV's and UTV's need to do. This will be great for our future as it will finally provide funding for our user group. At this time we are self funded and have a few select members working all their free time to provide a fun systems for all to ride.

We have a level of sustainability that must go into this system to allow simple maintenance and eliminate as much errossion as possible. Don't expect any big gnarly climbs. Instead expect a fun flowing system that will move through a mix of hardwoods, pines, clear cuts and so on! We will berm some corners and put in rolling mogul sections and more.

At the trail head we have a campground. It is fairly primitive with no power. It does however have a new Vault Toilet provided by the county just for us. The Town of Conover has been very receptive to this and so many people are excited out this new recreation opportunity. We have received some local donations of time and money. We will use our Facebook page to call out looking for help. Ground work will start sometime in May and we have tons of work to do!

Please spread the word and Donate, Donate, Donate. We need help since funding is still a couple years out. We need approx. $3,000 for signage. We need funding or a donation of a kiosk at the trail head. We need a loading ramp (earth built) at the trail head. We need to purchase an enclosed trailer for our upcoming raffle.
WE NEED ALL OF YOU TO HELP US MAKE THIS A REALITY.

I am most active on our FB page and that will be the best place to PM me for information. If you do not have FB feel free to PM me here (may be a few days before a response).

Greg

OHM Trail.jpg