Rhinelander, WI

Any info on the Rhinelander area? A group of us are heading up on Wednesday and staying at the Clear Lake Inn & Resort. Not real familiar with the area and are looking for conditions and recommendations of routes to go and places to stop. Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rode last Friday and Saturday and trails were good at that time. Rode to Rhinelander, sugar camp, down to lily area and was more snow south but, trails were good. very cold at the time, warm weather can have an issue later this week.
Howie

blkhwkbob

Trails were good around the area this weekend. Stay between Sugar Camp to the north and Pelican Lake to the south. There's not a ton of stops off in the woods, so get gas and food when you can find it.

Rhinelander

Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to it and praying that the weather is not as bad as the forecast sounds. Saturday we might have to find other entertainment if it gets too bad. Seems every year we plan a trip, but can't get a break from the weather. We have picked different spots and weeks each of the last few years and can never seem to hit it right!:mad:

jwmcatman

Go north to Sugar Camp, their trails are always great! Just don't tell everyone. Haha

Ha, head south toward pelican, they are real nice as of last night. Trails east side by clear lake where like riding on a pool table last night. I was first on them after being groomed nbut don't tell anyone.

Ha, head south toward pelican, they are real nice as of last night. Trails east side by clear lake where like riding on a pool table last night. I was first on them after being groomed nbut don't tell anyone.

Your secret's safe with me! My buddy said he thought West would be a good direction to go. From what you guys are saying, it sounds like North and South are better options? Appreciate the responses. Snowing here right now, but it looks like it's not in Rhinelander or nearby areas. Figures.

jwmcatman

Your secret's safe with me! My buddy said he thought West would be a good direction to go. From what you guys are saying, it sounds like North and South are better options? Appreciate the responses. Snowing here right now, but it looks like it's not in Rhinelander or nearby areas. Figures.

Ski doo man, nice to meet you tonight, trails were Good and your friends where better😉😉😉. Hope for snow. See you some time down the road.

Nice to meet you too catman, trails were good last night no matter what way we went! Have a great ride today. PM me the next time that you are up north.

Well, we ended up having a great time, despite the crappy weather. Rode all day Thu and went from Rhinelander to Hazelhurst and looped back. Was surprised with the Bearskin, as there's always reports of it being bad. To our surprise, plenty of good snow. It was snirty in spots, but not terrible. By the evening we ran into some sleet, which made it slightly a challenge on the way back. Friday's ride was cut shorter due to the warm up and rain that eventually caught up to us. We had gone over to Three Lakes that day. We decided to get a good dinner and make other plans for Saturday. Even though the trails were still open, we didn't want to contribute to more deterioration of them and our sleds. So, we rode tripped Saturday for some sight seeing to Three Lakes, Eagle River, and St. Germain. Good time still, even though would've liked to have been riding on sled. Couldn't believe all the people we saw still out riding. Gotta say locals were friendly and we found some good places to eat and hang out. Will be back again next year. As for the trails themselves, aside from the weather, they were good. Only really ran into a couple of stretches, which weren't taken care of. Thanks for the above responses, which helped us decide on routes.