RIP Martin

joks79

I had to put down my Yellow Lab today. He was 11. He was the best "big brother" to our two daughters.

He is now running with his brother Jack in Heaven.

100_0887.jpg martin on floor new house.jpg 100_0218.jpg

RIP Martin

Attachments

• 100_1971.jpg
    100_1971.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 276

garyl62

Sorry to read this, you've got some great photos and I bet there are a lot more where these came from.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure a lot of great memories over those 11 years and sorry for your loss, it'll get better with the passing of time.

m8man

So sad to hear.....what beautiful pics of your dog......we had to put a yellow down around 2 yrs ago or so.....my boys were devastated.

we just got another yellow girl this summer and now she is 7 months old. what joy they bring to a family.

your family and your dog are in prayers. seriously great pics.

m8man

mrbb

sorry to hear this, its very hard to have to let go of a beloved pet
there lives are way too short if you ask me!

jmvette427

sorry ; my 11 year old boxer Jack , will be coming to see Martin soon as much as I hate to admit it . i hope they can play together !!!

joks79

Thanks for all the replies. It's never easy to say goodbye. We do have all the memories (funny stories) of him and all the pictures. Our kids took it hard and so did I. My wife has always given her dogs middle names so my oldest daughter said when we get our next dog his middle name will be Martin. :)

mezz

So sorry for your loss. Though there are no real words of comfort that can be said to ease what you feel. Just know that you did right by him for his entire life. Though we wish they could live forever, we know that is not realistic, but 11 years worth is a lot to be thankful for & those memories belong to you & your family forever, & that can't be taken away.-Mezz

durphee

Sorry for your loss. I had to put my 14 year old yellow lab durphee (wonder where i got my username) about 6 months ago. Its the first time in my life that I have been without a dog, really getting the itch to get another one this spring.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Looking at the pictures you posted, it looks like he had a wonderful life. It's been well over 15 years since I've lost my German Shepard companion of my teens and early/mid-20s, but I still enjoy great memories and pictures of him. I didn't have a choice in the matter, but I imagine it's very difficult when you have to make the decision. I hope you're able to take comfort in the great life you provided for him during his time with you.