Rockford, IL road construction

Does anybody here live in or near Rockford, IL? I'm trying to find out if the road construction is still going on on I-39 and I-90. I got stuck in that mess heading through there last summer. Took me almost 1 1/2 hours to go 2 miles. Would like to know so I can plan a different way through there if need be when I head north later this month. Thanks for any help.

jbammon68

I-39 20 to 90

Last week this was still down to one lane. 90 itself is fine, its the I-39 @20 to 90 (about 3 miles) that is still under construction.

luvnsnow

Went up to the Dells a couple weeks ago and everything seemed fine. Left the house in the afternoon and everything seemed to flow good.

teamblue

I travel from Beloit to Rockford everyday on I 90/39 and it's clear and all 3 lanes are open. I dont know about south of Rockford.

South of Rockford is where the construction was. It started right after you get off I-90 onto I-39 South. I think they were working on 2 or 3 bridges there in a row. Total bottleneck.

jbammon68

South of Rockford is where the construction was. It started right after you get off I-90 onto I-39 South. I think they were working on 2 or 3 bridges there in a row. Total bottleneck.

As of last week the section you speak of (the shared section of US 20 and I 39, south of I90 /I-39 split) did not have construction. The barrels were still there, so you don't know if they are still going to have lane closures. That seems to be the worst during the day/weekends vs at night when there were lane closures.

I can give you a re-route if interested not too bad to follow.

teamblue

Dont forget to wave and honk the horn on your way bye I live right at mile marker 3 just before the last toll booth going North.

Wausau

They also finally finished all the construction in the Wausau area and changed the speed limit from 55 to 65 through the entire area. I took them forever to get it done but now that Rockford and Wausau are both done, it was smooth sailing round trip this past weekend, even with the snow on Sunday.