RollerSki by Qualipieces

xcsp

Starting this thread as not to hijack the thread on Skisaver Flex Snowmobile ski wheels.

I have a set of the RollerSkis on my Ski Doo 900Ace and they work well.

I purchased mine here: https://tireandwheelautoservice.com/
There may be other places within the States to purchase but at the time this place was recommended by Qualipieces and it was a smooth purchase.

Not sure what the max speed is when the wheels are deployed, maybe 10-15mph?

How the auto-retract works is the mechanism is spring-loaded so once you leave the pavement and go back into the snow they should retract once the weight is taken off of the skis. Occasionally I have had to rock the sled side to side once back into the snow to take enough weight off of the ski and the wheels will retract by themselves-never had to get off the sled to retract them.

The question of if you were driving with the wheels down and driving over patches of snow on pavement would they automatically retract and my answer is no as I have driven in such situations in gas station parking lots.

Asked if there are any quirks with this ski wheel system and other than the times when you may need to rock the sled as I mentioned above to retract the wheels I would say no.

I've had the manually-operated Retrax wheel kits on previous sleds and those obviously didn't auto retract, mechanism would get iced up and kicked up snow as the wheels were mounted lower. No issues with the RollerSki.

Also, some have mentioned the Rouski wheel kits. I mounted a kit on a previous sled only to find out I didn't have enough room to use my ski hold-down bar in the trailer. Sent the kit back.

I have a tilt-bed trailer and never have tried to load the sled on bare pavement with the wheels down so not sure if it can be done or if for those with drive-on ramp trailers if there would be an issue-suggest contacting Qualipieces if this may be a concern.

Qualipieces website: https://tinyurl.com/y8e8gfl5

On their site they show a long black tube on the wheel bracket, the kit I have doesn't use that, may be a previous style?

Also to mention in regards to maintenance of the wheel kit, only thing I've done is to lubricate the mechanism per the manufacturer is to spray a small amount of lubricant into a relief in the bracket.

Last edited:

xcsp

Sounds good but I need to get past the permanent mount.lol

Like most things after a while you don't even notice, but sure is nice when you pull into a gas station and are able to drive in and go where you want.

Also makes for a good conversation starter :)

slimcake

I would love to have something like this just for entering my garage. Got carbide marks already in the floor...

xcsp

Used the RollerSkis several times this past weekend while in Northern WI, all of the gas stations were bare pavement & with the wheels down just drove in like fresh carbides on ice!

Got some odd looks from people as they couldn't figure out how I could just drive around to the pumps so easily.