Round Lake Pike Lake area??

upnorthman

Haven't been here all year. Anyone been over there lately? This usually the worst part of Price county because of the rocks and sharing trails with ATV's. Making a trip around Price county this weekend and just wondering if we should avoid going this far north.

zert100

Haven't been here all year. Anyone been over there lately? This usually the worst part of Price county because of the rocks and sharing trails with ATV's. Making a trip around Price county this weekend and just wondering if we should avoid going this far north.

We are staying in Phillips this weekend. I was thinking of heading up that way on Friday. We haven't been that way this year either. Any info appreciated...
I was also considering heading east towards Conners lake (Flambeau Forest Inn). I heard they have been grooming over there for about 3 weeks.

MKW

Was up there a few weeks ago..not much has changed as there has been no new snow...Phillips to Round and Pike was good considering how poor this year has been...Would'nt go much west of Phillips though..maybe Soo lake..gets real thin real fast..Willow flowage area was decent as well...Things will be slowing down after this weekend as we will be into March and it can be done in a matter of days.....Thanks to the all the groomers in the Price Onieda County areas, you guys have done a great job with the little snow you've had to work with!! Only 1100 miles this year compared to 3100 last year, what a difference a year makes!

jime

did a quick 200 or so on the 25th. 19n to 17s some very short sections with exposed rocks, white snow, 6" base. very good. 17s "the grade" thin but flat, wind blown gravel at the bridge. good enough. 10w to 5s 4" base and getting thinner. as long as its cold this trail is a good. 5s to 12w less pressure trail was very good. 12w to 19n , detour, very good. 19n back to pike lake very good. they had 3-4" fresh lite snow tuesday. fire lanes are ice covered but well plowed. i would have to say the most overlooked not the worst. have not seen atv's since the fall. rode to u.p. on the 24th out of there, can't compare the two. go now plenty of snow now!