rusk county ride 1/7/2011

ridehard

looking for anyone that wants to ride Rusk county tomarrow 1/7/2011. kind of a short notice but I just found out the trails are open. give me a call 715-226-0550

would love to go but am heading to our place in the Keweenaw----let me know how your ride went ----we want to get up to deer camp maybe next week up by Holcomb

ridehard

ride results rusk county

Well a work friend and I logged 163 miles yesterday riding chippewa and rusk and a small part of barron counties. We headed north on trail 31 to flaters resort the trails were groomed some time ago so they were a little bumpy but were snow covered. Once we got to rusk county the groomer had just gone through so they were smooth just lacked some snow. once we got closer to bruce the snow depth seemed to get less. We gased up in Bruce and headed for the blue hills north of there. as we got out of bruce the snow depth increased and the trails smooth out and the ride throught he blue hills was great. then we were back in weyerhauser were we gased up again. and headed back south to New auburn. trails were bumpy, groomed, and ok north of new auburn but south of new auburn the bloomer snowhawks trails are and they were all groomed and smooth and fun to ride. we then headed south to bloomer and gased up again. then headed for jim falls the trails were groomed all the way and were in good shape. my friend and I split at the Old barn lodge and I headed back up trail 31 which was groomed but a little bumpy. Rode from noon til 9:30 that night. I will post again when I ride.