sabercat steering

lee

I just bought a 2005 sabercat700 and it steers poorly,track has studs in center, but this sled pushes horrable.Carbides are good. What can I adjust to help this problem?

mezz

Try tightening the shock springs, then, if issue persists, adjust the rear suspension spring tension up one notch on the adjusting block.-Mezz

Wyelde

I once bought a used Cat that had horrible steering. It turns out the steering arms had been disconnected and reinstalled improperly. If you push down on the front bumper and the skis toe in and out, this might be your problem.

If not, the next thing I would try is loosing the front spring in the rear suspension. with the rear end suspended, loosen the spring until it is loose in the holders, then tighten it up just a couple of turns

garyl62

I have fought this on a couple sleds too. I looked into some of these ideas and they all seem to have some positive effects for the guys that have done them. I ended up putting new SLP skis on and it was like a night and day difference. Best control I've ever had on a sled. Not as cheap as the adjustment options, but living in IL I don't have the opportunity to adjust things and ride a bit to try them out. Scroll down a bit in this section and you can find a thread I started titled "Aftermarket Skis" there where good comments there too.