salty dishes from dishwasher..a

timo

anyone ever have dishes after being washed in dishwasher come out completely covered in a salty film. dishwasher in a year old, i have not adjusted the water softener. getting too much salt? any ideas?

meathead

anyone ever have dishes after being washed in dishwasher come out completely covered in a salty film. dishwasher in a year old, i have not adjusted the water softener. getting too much salt? any ideas?
timo,THATS DISHWASHER PACKETS YOU PUT IN .....NOT.... SALT PACKETS..LOL..LOL ps ..did you switch the softner switch when you changed the system for any reason? MEATHEAD

wilson

was the dishwasher running while the water softner was in the regeneration mode, that will cause a salty water situation

meathead

was the dishwasher running while the water softner was in the regeneration mode, that will cause a salty water situation

TIMO,If you had a power outage it could have messed up your timer also. Homes if your not wealthy you better be handy . LOL LOL......MEATHEAD

timo

dishwasher was not running with the softener was recycling and no power outages.

snow crazy:
it looks like that filter just connects under the sink to the main water line and then the line running to the washer if i'm correct?

Thanks i think that filter will be in my future...like this week.

snocrazy

dishwasher was not running with the softener was recycling and no power outages.

snow crazy:
it looks like that filter just connects under the sink to the main water line and then the line running to the washer if i'm correct?

Thanks i think that filter will be in my future...like this week.
Yup - simple install under the kitchen sink where your dishwasher water line ties in.
This is at girlfriends house in Barrington, IL. The city water is crap.
No water softener. Dish washer was not usable. Chalky salt layer on dishes no matter what.
This filter did the job. We run the DW about 2 times a week. (just the 2 of us)
About 2 Months on the same filter.... still no issues.

I saw some one mention using vinegar to clean the DW. I used CLR to remove all of the calcium deposits. Worked wonders.

timo

i ran the dw with just vinegar didn't seem to take away the salty residue inside. what is this CLR you speak of?

Thanx.

Yup - simple install under the kitchen sink where your dishwasher water line ties in.
This is at girlfriends house in Barrington, IL. The city water is crap.
No water softener. Dish washer was not usable. Chalky salt layer on dishes no matter what.
This filter did the job. We run the DW about 2 times a week. (just the 2 of us)
About 2 Months on the same filter.... still no issues.

I saw some one mention using vinegar to clean the DW. I used CLR to remove all of the calcium deposits. Worked wonders.