Sayner in August

apex_shug

Finally pick some dates and found a cabin with a sand beach for the kid (3).

Trying to pick out a few things for the family to do but want to make sure I am not missing anything.....so here is my bucket list. Reminder I have never been to the northwoods in the summer.

1) UTV / ATV rental- ride the trails for a day (rent on my own or do the decker tours in eagle river?)
2) Pontoon rental on the lake. Fishing and Family Boat Rides
3) Bond Falls and Sidnaw look out
4) Do the water ski show in conover..... missing any other show?
5) Wife shops while a buy a new sled....

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

slimcake

Ha my wife is finally catching on that our annual fall trip to the Yoop is my excuse to chat with Kip/bring home new sled.... LOL It would help if you put your location of your rental cabin so we can point you in the right direction.

ddhanna

Ha my wife is finally catching on that our annual fall trip to the Yoop is my excuse to chat with Kip/bring home new sled.... LOL It would help if you put your location of your rental cabin so we can point you in the right direction.

Sayner...?

hermie

Most of the ATV trails up there are on the roads. I think u would have better riding in the U.P depending on when you r going in August the boating up there is nice clean lakes. Towards the end of August it can be a little chilly for boating.

whitedust

Sounds more like a Three Lakes Agenda. Not many trails open to Atvs in Vilas mostly road riding available...Bond Falls easy car access SF overlook outside Sidnaw gravel roads. Trails open to ATVs in Forest County but not sure how much is on private land and closed off? ATVs and trail riding sparce pickings in Vilas got to be 90% roads no idea what Decker is doing as far as ATvs? Check out Watercraft Sales for all your rentals Atvs and boat if you opt for Three Lakes. BJ may have some of what you want as well including shopping for wife. Sayner very small...sure nice lakes in that area but not much else.

cooksend

From Eagle River north the ATV/UTV routes are about 50% paved. The new maps were just printed. A nice day ride on UTV is Eagle River to Bond Falls and back. TrackSide rents UTV's and have a 4 seat model for the family. The Eagle River Chain is most popular in the area and a great place to rent a pontoon. Many lakes to cruise and a few stops for good food.
If your an UTV / ATV fan I would avoid Sayner as they are Anti powersports. May as well support business that wants you there. Another great body of water is the Cisco Chain. More remote and less developed. It will however take the wife further away from shopping.

whitedust

Also do the Plumskiter show in Sayner...better skiers and free show if still doing shows in August. Chainskimmers in Conover the only ski club in WI that charges for shows....their overhead is too high so they charge. If you want to pay Tommy Bartletts in Dells is the place to go for evening show.

nhra1000

From Eagle River north the ATV/UTV routes are about 50% paved. The new maps were just printed. A nice day ride on UTV is Eagle River to Bond Falls and back. TrackSide rents UTV's and have a 4 seat model for the family. The Eagle River Chain is most popular in the area and a great place to rent a pontoon. Many lakes to cruise and a few stops for good food.
If your an UTV / ATV fan I would avoid Sayner as they are Anti powersports. May as well support business that wants you there. Another great body of water is the Cisco Chain. More remote and less developed. It will however take the wife further away from shopping.

This is absolutely correct on Sayner...they dont want ATV's including the owner of the Sayner pub who has publicly said "he doesnt need them" and dont want them...thus the reason myself and many, many others avoid the pub like the plague...bad move in my eyes. Any traffic is good traffic..

byr 13

This is absolutely correct on Sayner...they dont want ATV's including the owner of the Sayner pub who has publicly said "he doesnt need them" and dont want them...thus the reason myself and many, many others avoid the pub like the plague...bad move in my eyes. Any traffic is good traffic..

yep what a dumb**s