Seat Jack - opinions please

trailburner30

Considering a Seat Jack for my old 2002 polaris edge. I realize this is not a true 2-up, but should be fine until the kids get a little bigger. I would not be using this for marathon rides either, just short rides around the lake or back roads with the kids.

I figure this is a better option than buying a 2 up machine just to be used like this for a few years, then sold when they outgrow being a passenger.

Before I purchase one, I am looking for opinons from anyone out there who has used one....

Safety?
Durable?
Comfort?

Thanks in advance for all replies...

http://www.snowmobile.eoutdoorsports.com/Snowmobile/SeatJackInstallation.aspx

snowfish

Our Seat Jack served us well for many years. Still have it waiting for potential grand kids to arrive.

Very safe with the nice backrest & hand holds.
Very durable as well. Nice stout mounting brackets.
Appears comfortable. Never had a complaint from our riders.

Even with light passengers, the sleds suspension rides much better on the heaviest setting. With upgraded/heavier springs, the Seat Jack would be the next best thing, to a regular two machine, if heavier passengers are involved.

The beauty is that you can easily remove the Seat Jack and you have a regular snowmobile once again. Then you're not driving a "Grampa" sled. Even though you may be one, or close to one, like me.

snowman72

They are a great investment. I have one that I used for both of my kids until they had their own sleds. I even put heated grip warmers and handlebar gauntlets on the handle loops to keep their hands warm. On occasion, I even rode on it for a short time while I was "training" my sons to drive. I liked the convenience of being able to take it off and still have my sled a 1-up sled.

I never had any problems with it not being safe to put the kids on, they work well. One nice thing is that it sits up higher than a typical 2-up seat which allows the kids to see more than just the back of your jacket!

I still have it and may be selling it this fall since I have not needed to use it anymore.

They are a great investment. I have one that I used for both of my kids until they had their own sleds. I even put heated grip warmers and handlebar gauntlets on the handle loops to keep their hands warm. On occasion, I even rode on it for a short time while I was "training" my sons to drive. I liked the convenience of being able to take it off and still have my sled a 1-up sled.

I never had any problems with it not being safe to put the kids on, they work well. One nice thing is that it sits up higher than a typical 2-up seat which allows the kids to see more than just the back of your jacket!

I still have it and may be selling it this fall since I have not needed to use it anymore.

I'd be interested if it fits an XP. I'm about an hour from Granger.

kbuchan

I have one right now for indy 500. my youngest (8) rides back there he loves it and I dont keep hitting his helmet with him in front of me. Best money I ever spent.

ezra

I saw 3 factory doo for revs at the swapp last weekend at the outlaws. cant see why u could not make one from a doo fit dont know why so many rev ones.prob cuz a guy could just buy them with the sled.
think 2 were around 100 I only saw them cuz a bud who could not make it had me look for him.