Selling my Cabin in Conover Wi....

pirate

New price : $84999

Well this is probably about the hardest thing to do , but do to $$ and life I'm putting my 2/3rds finished Cabin up for sale . For now I am selling it on my own , No real estate agent .. And I'm starting here ..

It's located in Conover Wi West of 45 of K . About 12 miles N of Eagle river . It's in the heart and prime of the snowmobile & out door area of Vila county . By car 12 miles to Land O'Lakes and the Mich border . By sled its 18 miles to be in Mich thru Land'O .. It sits on just under 3 acres , and is 800' from State Corridor trail #8

Its 24'/48' slab on grade , full caged rebar perimeter , full wire mesh and rebar & fiber mesh floor with 2 zone Pex radiant floor tubing installed . Under slab is 2" styro board and visqueen. Machine finished slab (5") . Under slab is a 12" sand base I brought in after logging the land out & leveling it .

16" on center 8'4" walls , treated 2/8" cut roof on 16" center & collar ties set at 12' above floor every 16" , 1/2" sheathing and 30 yr architectual shingles 8/12 pitch roof. There is Natural Gas not propane ran to the building and 200 amp elec service .
Outside is fully finnished with a combo of Vinyl & Cedar lapped siding , Garage door is 14' wide 10' tall with a exaust port , and R19 insulated commercial door . % main cabin windows are 4' by 7' double crank out with upper transom windows .Outside of building also has 1/2 osb board, 1/2" pink board then under tyvek and double tyvek on N West corner.
1/3rd or 1 and a 1/2 garage end is fully finished , Heat and Elec . Bunk beds & 1/3rd kitchen area , make shift bathroom with portable shower set up . There is a fully custom outhouse with Vault septic tank privey underneath and heated . It's framed to match the house , has full insulation , window, cedar front siding and door , finished on the inside.

What would be the living end is fully rough framed in and there is a loft storage framed in with access from the garage . It's set up for a a master bedroom & 1 xtra bedroom , which is finished , kitchen and living room . Natural gas lines also plumbed into living room for a gas fired stove , much safer . And the Pex radiant floor heating is zoned for garage and living end seperate .. All gas and elec service ran by a cert Vilas approved contractor ( required now )

The radiant heat system is not installed ( pex is in floor ) the design is for the 2 zone system that can be ordered from Menards and can be ran closed with a on demand or tank heater , your choice . Currently I heat it with wall mounted 99.9 eff heaters ,1 10,000 in the bath area and 1 20,000 in the garage and keep it at 70 with no issue and can make it 85 deg in a hour if I wanted . over R40 insulation in the ceiling . Garage is fully finnished in OSB.

It's taxed and listed as a "bunkhouse " in Vila county , for a few reasons , its saves on tax's , it allows it to be lived in and primarily it allows for the out house and bypasses having a septic field . This out house is actually a full septic tank with all baffels and hook ups and can be pulled up and used for a future septic system with field.

If your a carpenter or have construction backround , it can be finnished for between $10,000 to $20,000 depending on how fine you want to do the kitchen and including heat ..

On JohnDee I'm selling it for $89000 or very close reasonable offer due to not having a real estate agent involved
( They wanted to list it at $99000 & $104900 fromthere walk throughs ) b4 I decided to try &sell it on my own 1st . I have the deed and there is no mortgage so this sale can be handled with a simple transaction drawn up by a attorny and tittle transfer . No banks ..

I'm sure if your interested ,there will be a lot of ?'s, so if your interested PM and we can discuss that way or by phone .
Thanks for looking and reading

Pirate cabin1.jpg cabin3.jpg cabin6.jpg cabin9.jpg cabin11.jpg

Last edited:

garyl62

Feel for you Pirate. We had a place 5 miles east of Eagle River I built from scratch and had long term plans for but ended up doing the same thing. Still think about it often, but know it was the right thing to do.

Good Luck,

Gary

F

fusion

Well there's a lot of places for sale right now if you take a walk around your area, as I do frequently.
The last few years have been hellish for people losing jobs and investments in the red. Many properties went back to the banks.
It is improving a bit, but there's still a glut of property on the market, so I wouldn't consider it a sellers market.
But yours is a unique case in that the property is priced right for a "handy-man" buyer. It will sell, but will take time.
I looked at many properties like this when I was in the market nearly 10 yrs ago. There is a market for them.
I love the area and I'd be torn up if I had to sell my place, and would only do so if I decide to move to a larger lake.
Good luck, just be patient.

whitedust

Zip going on up here right now in real estate market ....might be better to wait until end of May for incentives.

pirate

Thx for the info Whitedust & Fusion .. Since For the moment I only have it on here I'm ok with the #$ for now . Figure between a 6% fee to the agent and if I even got a offer it would be less then my listing price on the MLS sheet . Considering putting it up myself on the MLS but hard to get it out there advertising wise .. Considering a agent again , just hate to go that way ..

whitedust

Northwoods real estate sales volume down 10% from last Spring...weather has been horrible to look at real estate. Doesn't look like open water for opener on Sat summer folks not coming yet for Spring clean ups no one here. Very slow until ice breaks & snow melts then peeps will start coming.