Shared Memories

chords

A few years back, my son and I were able to make a trip together for our first real ride. He had been riding for a few years but at 16 , we were now ready for the UP. We met up with a group of guys I had ridden with before and we had the luxury of staying at the <font color="0000ff">Tiltin' Hilton</font>

32752.jpg

By luxury I mean we had a warm place to sleep. Yes we had elect. and wood burner for heat ,but that was it.(our host was nice enough to leave his back door open to his house for the other modern conveniences)He also had a nice pull thru <font color="0000ff">heated workshop</font> for any repairs needed which sure beats bare handin'it in the cold

32753.jpg

And being on a dead end road, the trail was at our doorstep. Each of the 5 days we were there, this was the starting point for the 8 to 12 sleds going out. Now xxx is not your typical leader of the pack. He was 70 plus yrs old but didn't ride like it.( I can only hope). This is a guy that knows every trail and non-trail that comes with years of experience of riding the area. And he sure didn't need one of those GPS things. Our rides were a <font color="0000ff">mixture of everything.</font>

32764.jpg

32754.jpg

32755.jpg

32756.jpg

32757.jpg

This was a close call.. his track locked up !

32758.jpg

We usually had a destination for lunch. Big Bay or Michigamme or maybe a <font color="0000ff">trailside lunch</font>

32763.jpg

Since that trip our accomodations have been <font color="0000ff">updated</font> to a place up the road

32759.jpg

We did our share of running em fast and hard, but to get off the beaten track was a unique experience to share with my son who now knows what real riding is !

32760.jpg

Thanks John, for providing a place to share and enjoy our adventures and memories together !

Chords

Chords,
This is an excellent picture journal. I hope there are others that take this idea and run with it.

Thanks for the pics.