Shoes in trees

renegade

What is the meaning of tied pairs of shoes in a tree in michigan? I have seen it more than once but the location I remember is on 131 north of kalkaska. Anyone know? I think there may be one just north of cadillac too.

The one that's on 131 now is the second one in recent years. The 1st was cut down by some unknowns. We happened by one the other day on our way from Gaylord East towards Atlanta. I think they call them shoe trees.

frnash

"Shoe trees"…

Hmmm, I yoosta have a pair of shoe trees in my younger days, but I hung up my spurs, and don't wear that kind o' shoes any more!
Never mind.:D

mrsrunningbear

lol very funny, Bear was out grooming and found one shoe so he tied it to a tree by the spot he found it. Then the next day he found the other shoe so he stopped where he found the first one tied them together hoping they would be found. Well their still there! I thought this thread was started by someone who found the shoes lol

polarisrider1

lol very funny, Bear was out grooming and found one shoe so he tied it to a tree by the spot he found it. Then the next day he found the other shoe so he stopped where he found the first one tied them together hoping they would be found. Well their still there! I thought this thread was started by someone who found the shoes lol
Not it at all. We got shoe trees all over the state. Oh and Meth labs all over the state too. Not sure if any relationship and I do doubt there is.

Dave_B

What size are they? I seem to have a problem losing things on the trail. :)

mjkaliszak

There is one over by Paradise, some where close to the " food stand " that a girl ( lady ) had set up next to. I thought that that was a novelty as graduating seniors did when leaving high school. I remember when my daughters had talked about it 2 years ago... I said " are you nuts " those are the $80 Nike that I paid for..... Kids .... ???.... I always chuckled many years ago when my budds kids were teenagers, he would say " man I'm shoe-ing 3 kids " ... I used to find some amusement in that.... until my very small kids at the time had grown up.... then it is the endless buying shoes after shoes... Every once in a while I round them all up and put them away for them ( they make it to the garbage can )....

mezz

When I was in the Army, this was a ritual that occurred when someones hitch was done. Tied together a pair of combat boots & hoist 'em up on the wires. It sure felt good when it was my turn!-Mezz

EXCESSIVE FORCE

I've seen it here as well,and one pair was over a powerline directly above the centerline of the highway in a rural area....Strange.......

loriwlrc

running bear so you were in our neck of the woods and didn't stop in? have to get together at the camp next time your in our neck of the woods.