Shopping for a bike, where should I look?

MZEMS2

We're looking for a nice touring bike for my wife and I. Other than Craigslist, are there other sites to find one?

polarisrider1

We need more info. Care about the brand?, new/used? how far will you drive to get it? color? price range, etc. etc. you looking for a scooter with saddle bags or a full blown dressed out Gold Wing? help us help you!

MZEMS2

Well, we'd like something we can hop on every wknd and ride for the day, spend a night and ride home...so a scooter with hard bags aint gonna cut it..LOL.. Thinkin along the lines of a BMW, or Honda ST1300, ..etc I don't want a Harley, and I don't want something as big and bulky as an all out Goldwing. Id like something somewhat sporty, but a cruiser for the both of us that will ride comfortably for a day long ride without having to pull our undies out of our cracks every 10 miles. Something used, say in the $8k range, something with hard bags and back rest for her. I've owned a couple bikes, but nothing in the touring version.

michaeladams

check out road track and trail in big bend. they have hundreds of bikes.the web site is roadtrackandtrail.com , i see your from southern wisconsin and i have bought two bikes from them. no troubles with either one so far.

Bradzoo

Don't rule out a Triumph Sprint or A Kawasaki Concourse, both are nice sport touring bike, Sprint maybe alittle to sporty but worth looking at, you can find both of those used in your price range. I traveled 200 miles earlier this year to get the deal I was happy with. none of my local dealers would even talk to me for what I bought mine for.

Pizza Man

Travel in comfort.
Our Goldwing Champion Trike.
Taken in Custer, SD during Sturgis 2 weeks ago

STURGISSOUTHDAKOTA230.jpg

MZEMS2

Yeah Apex, that would be right up our alley there. Will ya take $8500 for it? LOL..... I was thinkin' one of those Can-Am Spyders would be the ticket.

Bike?

My Future Son-in-law has a very, very nice 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer. Sounds like the cycle you're asking for. I am guessing he would sell it for around $7000. Has 12,000 miles on it. Excellent shape. It isn't really for sale, but he may be interested in selling for the right price. Black and red. Has windshield, touring saddlebags, and a backrest. They just did a 1400 mile trip with us and it ran great. Beauty, too. Central WI. If interested, let me know.