should i bring my sleds with me to WI?

erieaddict

Heading home to see the family this coming thursday for a long weekend to see the family in Racine, Wi. Will they still have snow? is there ridable snow west or north? hate to drag my sleds for a 10 hour drive each way if there isn't going to be rideable snow.

Last edited:

local897

I dont think they got good snow that way? It is going to be a hard year for snowmobile trails there is a lot of standing corn that is in the way! I know that in Rock Co there is places that they didnt get the go ahead to mark trail tell after the land owners were done deer hunting too. So you might be going and find that trails might not be marked. With that said you might have to turn around and head back the way you came because of this. All so remember just becase its marked on the map does mean its ok to travel. We have been pulled over by the dnr in rock co just so they could ask us if the trails where open. Call the trail boss to see if trails are open too just cus there is snow don't mean there open as well. Andrew

lh7018

I work in Racine/Sturtevant. There is barely any snow on the ground there and the temps have been relatively warm the past couple days so whatever is there is melting off. It'll take a significant snowfall before they even consider opening the trails in that area. As for conditions elsewhere (relatively close to the Racine area) I'd have to agree with local897.
When we do get snow though, and you're in the area, drop me a line and we can go riding. I ride the Racine/Walworth/Burlington area quite often when not going North.
Hope this helps (and saves you some gas money)

rtippett33

My cuz just moved to the area and glad you guys posted something because i was planning on riding in that area soon I hope. My cuz leaves in Sturtevant off "C" and "V" road. And we dont know anything about the area really when it comes to snowmobile trails.

erieaddict

Thanks for the update guys. Looks like i head to Michigan after the visit. if you are lucky enough to get anything between now and then, i will drop you a line.