Signs of the rut

greggk

Planning on hitting the woods with my bow Nov 4-9, anyone seeing signs of the annual rut or crazy activity? Can't wait to see what my cameras are seeing.

misty_pines

That is great timing. I will be in the woods 11/4-11/8 with my bow also in Wisconsin. A lot more scrapes starting to show up last weekend although not a lot of deer movement during the day light hours according to the game cams as of week and hunting observations, especially the bigger bucks. Hopefully this will turn around soon. Some of the big boys will stay nocturnal but some will be moving during the day. Good luck on the hunt!

hens

My neighbor said he saw a nice 8 pt chasing a doe on Wed. Looks like you'll hit it about right.

baken

Starting to see a lot off road kills that means the rut is on. Im out on stand right now and its a little slow here but you never know when the big one will come by. Good luck on your hunt!

deerhunter

i think that the weekend from halloween to the first weekend to novemeber is the best. after that it starts to slow down because of alot of does are now hot which means bucks dont have to travel much. try halloween weekend... most action i see every year out of all other weekends

T

Team Elkhorn

Early last week, at 4:15 am, I passed a pretty good size buck walking down the paved shoulder of the road. I stopped at the Quick Trip for gas before I got on the expressway, and as I was pumping he walked through the well lit gas station, (about 30 feet from me), and walked diagonally straight through the huge, well lit Piggly Wiggly parking lot. Not even a bit skittish. Cars where stopping to let him walk by. I don't know where he was headed, but he was a man on a mission.:)