Single place enclosed trailer question

Anyone know who makes a single place enclosed trailer? I have been looking all over the internet and can't seem to find much. On Triton's website, they show a single place open, but they apparently they don't offer a cover. I'm looking for a clamshell type, or one of those newer style, molded lids that I've seen for motorcycles.

maddogg

A trailer dealer in Hartford, WI has one. Seen it on their lot. Quite a drive though. Maybe try calling Canvas works and see if they make one - it'll be fabric though.

old abe

Anyone know who makes a single place enclosed trailer? I have been looking all over the internet and can't seem to find much. On Triton's website, they show a single place open, but they apparently they don't offer a cover. I'm looking for a clamshell type, or one of those newer style, molded lids that I've seen for motorcycles.

Triton made a single place economy covered drive in, back out? Very nice trailer.

1fujifilm

I used to sell Tritons when they had the single with cover, it was nice for sure but they did eliminate the cover.
With that said, it was like $300 less than a full 8.5x10 with cover. If price is your deal, buy the 2 place, it will hold value big. If you want the single, a few pop-up on Craigslist each year keep your eyes peeled.

One other option, buy the single from Triton and buy an canvas enclosure from the guy at the annual Snow-Show, he will make one for you.

Bear

I used to sell Tritons when they had the single with cover, it was nice for sure but they did eliminate the cover.
With that said, it was like $300 less than a full 8.5x10 with cover. If price is your deal, buy the 2 place, it will hold value big. If you want the single, a few pop-up on Craigslist each year keep your eyes peeled.

One other option, buy the single from Triton and buy an canvas enclosure from the guy at the annual Snow-Show, he will make one for you.

Bear

Thanks for the feedback. I have a two place enclosed already, I just really want to find a single so I can pull with it our smaller SUV when its just the wife and me riding two up. I did find the canvas enclosure guy though.

1fujifilm

Thanks for the feedback. I have a two place enclosed already, I just really want to find a single so I can pull with it our smaller SUV when its just the wife and me riding two up. I did find the canvas enclosure guy though.

Right on, less wind resistance makes a big difference.

Bear

sMgE46M

I have a single open... I know you can buy a cap for it (like someone said back on / drive up) for a pretty penny.

Those plastic ones i searched high and low for a reasonably priced one.

good luck let me know what you find.

Last edited:

xcr440

There was a company in St Cloud, MN selling a single cap style trailer this fall, I believe it was in the $2200-2400 range. I can't seem to find them at the moment, wonder if they sold all the ones they had.

Hoosier

I wondered this too as I'd like to be able to move my single sled around with the family minivan. I had a 2 place enclosed at one point but it had a lot of wind resistance.

ICT Sledder

I didn’t know Triton had discontinued the single place clamshell trailer. I know that’s not a big market, but that’s a very useful trailer to a certain segment of the sledder population. A two place enclosed might be close to the same price, but then you also have to store and tow the two place; two place clamshells tow like crap, and it’s a wide trailer to store in tight places.

SledTL

I picked up a single place Triton trailer this past fall off of CL, hardly used for $800. I tow it with my CRV while I wait to buy a bigger tow vehicle one day. I have not been able to find a plastic enclosure, just a salt shield from triton. As much as I would like it enclosed, I think it would be a windsock, and my suv doesn't have much more power than the sled it tows. Sno-caps in MN will build you one but they are not off the shelf, so could be $$$.

1fujifilm

I didn’t know Triton had discontinued the single place clamshell trailer. I know that’s not a big market, but that’s a very useful trailer to a certain segment of the sledder population. A two place enclosed might be close to the same price, but then you also have to store and tow the two place; two place clamshells tow like crap, and it’s a wide trailer to store in tight places.

Just the clam is discontinued.

Bear

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. So it seems that an off the shelf enclosure is non-existent for single place due to lack of demand. I think I might literally go to the drawing board and think about building something.

1fujifilm

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. So it seems that an off the shelf enclosure is non-existent for single place due to lack of demand. I think I might literally go to the drawing board and think about building something.

You could buy a truck, a snowmobile cover, maybe even a snowmobile ramp and throw her in the back like the rest of them.

Bear

buddah2

Ever consider a sled deck for a pickup? A good friend has one and hauls his sled(s) without covers even...the sled(s) are up above most of the road spray and a quick wipedown at destination and you're good to go.

Featherlite used to make a 2-place inline that I really wanted but it seems not anymore...the attraction, at least for me, was it was only 6.5 ft wide...both my clamshell I used to have and my current drive on/drive off require mirror extenders...

Hoosier

I've thought about doing that too. We have a unused wave runner trailer that is designed to hold the machine very low for loading/unloading. It would be neat to build an enclosure for it. I think it would pull very well behind a decent sized car, since it would be short, and would be easy to store. I don't have a truck and don't want to buy one for this.

They had those sled shed enclosures a few years back that would work for something like this but I haven't seen them for awhile.

old abe

I've thought about doing that too. We have a unused wave runner trailer that is designed to hold the machine very low for loading/unloading. It would be neat to build an enclosure for it. I think it would pull very well behind a decent sized car, since it would be short, and would be easy to store. I don't have a truck and don't want to buy one for this.

They had those sled shed enclosures a few years back that would work for something like this but I haven't seen them for awhile.

You may want to give some thought as to towing a "low" slung trailer in the winter snowy roads? I understand your needs, just saying.

Hoosier

You may want to give some thought as to towing a "low" slung trailer in the winter snowy roads? I understand your needs, just saying.

That's a good point. I figured it wouldn't sit any lower than the car pulling it. Either way it's not something that's going to happen anytime soon. I'm trying to find a lightweight cover first.

SledTL

If anyone finds a cover or idea let me know. Some company made blow molded ones that would fit over just the sled and go on any size trailer, but they either stopped making them or fell off the face of the earth.