Site Issues

snoden

Anybody else having trouble this morning with access to the site? Luckily I booked marked the forums page and it works just fine but the main page will not load on my lap top or the phone.

dfattack

Anybody else having trouble this morning with access to the site? Luckily I booked marked the forums page and it works just fine but the main page will not load on my lap top or the phone.
Same here.

if you go to johndeeforum.com it will work. Just can't go to main site first then select discussion board.

Last edited:

mezz

I can access on my Android smartphone & enter the main site with no issues, but on the desktop I get a message saying "this site can't be reached". I have to get in via johndeeforum.com. Been trying to get in throughout the late afternoon, thanks for the info dfattack, I hate using my phone for this purpose.

lofsfire

Same for me today and yesterday.

The first thing I thought was boy, is that not some luck... Finally some snow and now the site is down... Nora's going to have issues to deal with right off the bat at the peak traffic times (I'm sure the amount of user traffic picks up when snow is actually on the ground.)

Tuck

Yes same issue getting on the site for me as well. I am far from tech savvy and do not pretend to know what is involved in running/maintaining this sight. I do know that everything has a cost, this site has been free ever since I have been using it. What would it cost to hire some IT company to manage the site? set up a fund all could donate to or charge an annual fee? has to be some solution to keep this going.

dfattack

Yes same issue getting on the site for me as well. I am far from tech savvy and do not pretend to know what is involved in running/maintaining this sight. I do know that everything has a cost, this site has been free ever since I have been using it. What would it cost to hire some IT company to manage the site? set up a fund all could donate to or charge an annual fee? has to be some solution to keep this going.
100% on board with that and have option for slight upcharge for those that don't want advertisements.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're back up. Looks like they cleaned up a few things. Personally, I have blocked more than 30 Spam attempts this weekend. Let's see what it looks like in the morning.

dfattack

even the discussion section is acting very sluggish right now. I did some tests to make sure it wasn't on my end. It's not.

Hoosier

100% on board with that and have option for slight upcharge for those that don't want advertisements.
Me too. Happy to pay some kind of subscription. Geesh - I've relied on johndee.com for 20+ years and other than a make a wish contribution, I've never paid anything for all the info I get on here, both from John or from other members.