Ski Doo gauge problem

I have a 2005 MXZ Renegade that is new to me. I took it out for the first ride recently and can't get the gauges to work. The odometer reads "Scale". When I first start it, it shows "10-19 mi" and then it goes to "Scale" the rest of the time. The speedometer and tachometer never move. Pressing the mode button does nothing. When I bought it the guy actually gave me instructions on how to fix this but that didn't work for me. And I don't see anything in the manual about it. Anyone know how to fix this?

mn_mxz

It sounds like the button on the speedo is stuck. The 10-9 that you are seeing is the driver setting and that is normal. Did the speedo work when you bought the sled? I would try to wiggle the button and see what that does, but maybe you already tried that.

tritonmark

It sounds like the button on the speedo is stuck. The 10-9 that you are seeing is the driver setting and that is normal. Did the speedo work when you bought the sled? I would try to wiggle the button and see what that does, but maybe you already tried that.

Had the same problem and the button was stuck also-- agree try to wiggle the button as it might be stuck

russholio

Definitely stuck. Chances are, you'll have to recalibrate your speedo, too. I don't remember exactly how the procedure goes, but if somebody here can't help you there have been threads about it on DooTalk.