Ski Doo Rev gas gauge

I got my second Rev last year and both have had gas gauges that are completely unreliable. It bounces around all the time. I think someone mentioned to me that you have to calibrate it? If so, how is that done or is there another way to fix this? It'd be nice to know how much fuel is in there.

XP North of 64

We never found a fix for that one, we just ended up learning the mpg of each rev and kept an eye on miles. Still do it that way with the new ones out habit.

polarisrider1

There is a fix. You will have to go to snowest and "search". It is pretty detailed on how to fix it, but it works.
The fix will not keep it from bouncing around, you have to stop the sled for that. The fix is to take care of it sticking in position. Had this with my 06 600 renegade. Doo let the problem ride for years. I will look for you too, and post if I find it.

I have an 05 Renegade so it's built into the tank just in front of the seat. I saw some instructions online but couldn't figure out how to get off the big piece of trim that is around it.

freezinbevr

Dan,
Don't bother wh the file down fix. It worked on my 05 for about a week and now no reliability. Save your sanity and just keep track of miles.

And keep some tampons and bread bags handy for those need to moments on the trail! Smart Alec remarks towards other posts with humor, sorry. But seriously the crap gauge is just that even when replaced or 'fixed'.