Ski Doo warning light......

danzo

I have a 2000 Mach Z 800 and when a bulb blows or something goes wrong there is the red "warning " light on the dash that comes on. I beleive the light is also for low oil level also. Recently I had a voltage regulator take a **** which caused both headlight bulbs to blow and the taillight to blow. I replaced the bulbs and we pu in a new volt regulator today and noticed that when you put the brake on the red warning light comes on. Everything as far as bulbs seems to be good again and I know there is enough oil in it. Any ideas as to what is the cause of this??? Thanks for the help! Dan

kpagel

My rev has always had the warning light come on when I apply the brake. I think it is supposed to so you dont ride it with the parking brake on
keith

dab102999

My rev has always had the warning light come on when I apply the brake. I think it is supposed to so you dont ride it with the parking brake on
keith

Bingo!!

I have two 01's and they both do that. As said I think it is a safty feature so you don't drive with the parking brake on.

dab102999

Yup. I had that on all my ski doo's until 07. That one doesn't have it, XP's don't either.

Ahh....that explains why the wifes 07 Blizzard doesn't do that. I was sitting here at work thinkin to myself "does her sled do that" (she don't let me ride it very much!!!)

danzo

Ok, its kinda wierd though. Ive rode that sled all last season and a few times at night also and I swear ive never seen that red light come on!! Now i replace the regulator and it works the way its supposed to now i guess. I guess its good to go then. thanks!