Skidoo renegade stud pattern?

goofy600

I know it is marked for 2 studs per, but I want to go with what would be equal to 3, either 3 per or do I go in a 4 - 2 pattern? Looking for options and why to do it that way! Thanks, Jim.

catalac

Mine are two per in like a V pattern and works real well. I suppose you could go three, but I don't know the pattern.

mjkaliszak

I haven't studded a track for a few years now ( 2012 ) I always liked the " V " pattern, I always preferred to dbl up studs w/ dbl up backers, and mostly liked to keep them in the center. I have done all kinds of studding over the years and also came to the conclusion that what ever pattern I used I preferred to not be very accurate... a little this way , a little that way will produce more scratch lines with the studs not all exactly in the same linear place.
JIMO
mjk1

racerxnet

I haven't studded a track for a few years now ( 2012 ) I always liked the " V " pattern, I always preferred to dbl up studs w/ dbl up backers, and mostly liked to keep them in the center. I have done all kinds of studding over the years and also came to the conclusion that what ever pattern I used I preferred to not be very accurate... a little this way , a little that way will produce more scratch lines with the studs not all exactly in the same linear place.
JIMO
mjk1

Use a template from Woody's when installing studs. The template gives you a scratch line without overlap every 6 spaces for a 136" track etc. It is cheap to buy one and works out well. Torque to the specifications per manufacturer. Get a 12 pack before starting!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the newer sled tracks are marked for studs as the OP may suggest. The new single ply tracks are not as tough as the older 2 ply.

G

G

Studding is a good way to spend time drinking beer. I recently bought a 121 pre-drilled ripsaw from TracksUSA. It is drilled out for 144 studs in a 2-4 pattern with 48 double backers and 48 single backers all down the center. Completely idiot proof. No template, no guess work and no drilling. I might be done in less than a 12 pack.

racerxnet

Studding is a good way to spend time drinking beer. I recently bought a 121 pre-drilled ripsaw from TracksUSA. It is drilled out for 144 studs in a 2-4 pattern with 48 double backers and 48 single backers all down the center. Completely idiot proof. No template, no guess work and no drilling. I might be done in less than a 12 pack.

Drink more and work less. Hey I could make a commercial out of that!