Skylar and friends, Twin Lakes Dec 12,13, 14 07

S

skylar

The first real ride of the year. Trails were flat and fast, and there was plenty o' snow! We didn't have conditions like this last year until mid January.

Wed A.M. Joe and I taking an early season poke through the woods. Joe is eyeing up the hill climb in the backgound, going to need a about another 3' though, before we try that one.

61135.jpg

I came across the abandoned mine shaft 2 summers ago while atving, decided to show it to Joe, I have no idea how deep it is, but it is filled with water.

61136.jpg

Joe carving

61137.jpg

Me carving

61138.jpg

We met up with John at at the Wildlife Refuge Cabins Wed afternoon, took the Freda loop for a little warm up ride, it was flat as a pool table, and all the normal wet spots on this trail are froze solid.

61139.jpg

Joe and John dropped into this little bowl on the power line, result? A pair of stuck RMK's.

61140.jpg

John leading us on the power line.

61141.jpg

I am on top of the next hill, John and Joe down below.

61142.jpg

Thursday we rode up to John's to ride up in dat neck of the woods.

61143.jpg

John arriving at the top of the "bluff"

61144.jpg

Stumpy tipped me over! Big meany.
happy.gif

61145.jpg

Creek crossing.

61146.jpg

Friday morning, last day of riding. About 4-5" of new snow I would guess.

61147.jpg

My brother drove up Thursday night, so he could ride with us on Friday, hardcore eh? Must have something to do with having a brand new sled.
happy.gif

61148.jpg

We rode a bunch of untouched stuff on Friday, fan-freaking-tastic!!

61149.jpg

3 rompin' stompin' deep snow sleds.

61150.jpg

Joe led us down into this ravine, ok, I told him we should give it a try, LOL, anyways, I got hung up in this log. We had to get the saw out.

61151.jpg

Joe trying to see what lies ahead, the walls on either side were getting steeper and steeper, we went another 100 yards and had to turn around, couldn't go any further.

61152.jpg

This hill on the power line could have been a disaster. In blue is my line, in yellow is my brothers left ski mark, in red is his track line. He was completly side ways going around this, if he would have went down to the right, he would have met some very large trees. I think he pooped himself. LOl

61153.jpg

Here I am standing down in the bottom of where he started, as you can see, the little hill drops right off, I'd say it was about a 75 degree angle.

61154.jpg

More untouched fun

61155.jpg

I was ripping things up for awhile on my bros new M8. I like it!! Here it is ready to shred some more untouched powder.

61156.jpg

It was a great 3 days of riding!! Can't wait till the next trip!

eric

Cool pics....when is your next trip scheduled?

It is amazing how much untouched snow there has been this early season! I'm lovin it
happy.gif

A

aaron

yep, yep, very good pics. keep em' a coming!

waiting to to see the new gade in action Eric!

J

jonathan

Awesome pics!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

scottiking

Great pic's Skyler!
I need to get up there soon!
I have a feeling it's going to get really deep boondockin this year!
Scottiking OUT

ridesafe

Awesome pics Skylar! Kim had a close one eh? lol!! Glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait till next month! :)
Eric

julie

Nice! Great job! And it's only EARLY SEASON RIDING! Yeehaw!

Revegade sends his best...

REV IT UPx2!

Jul

yooper

Awesome pics Skylar, the snow looooks sweeeet.....52 more days!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

T

thomas

Nice shots fellas!!! Talk about early POW-POW-FANTASTIC. Lets all keep the "SNOW DANCES" going