Sled Dollies - Your Experince and Recommendations

parker

Sled Dollies - Your Experience and Recommendations

Need some type of sled dolly for moving the fleet around more efficiently up and down the driveway over some cracks and perhaps hard pack gravel.
We currently use the homemade roller skate type but they are a major pain over the cracks in the concrete and irregular transitions from garage to driveway .. I'm getting old too.

So, I am researching and asking for experienced input on what to buy to save Mr. & Mrs. Parkers achin' backs.

I am very interested in the Eazy Move Cart type as it looks like it can be broken down and stored in a nice tidy pkg. Garage space here is at a premium these days so that big U-shaped deal is not too attractive.

We need something that will roll over the variation in concrete and gravel efficiently without the sled sliding off.

Last edited:

sweeperguy

I use movers dollies works good. My apron is sunk so pretty good bump to go in garage, no problems. Had sled dollies only problems with them. I use to use just two the front one i screwed 2 2x4's across to put the skis on, was okay, now i use 3 just because they were on sale at menards. 1428097858889.jpg
Never tried on gravel

polaris4me

I had the Easy Move, works pretty good. You have to have the bigger tire kit to move over gravel. When pushing over gravel, you need to push on the cart and not the sled. You can push the sled off the cart. I sold the cart this fall. Just easier to fireup the sled and drive it.

borderstaff

I just bought a Monster Dolly for moving my sleds. Absolutely love it!!! I've had one of the cheaper versions and they flex so much and also don't work at all on the newer 2-ups and mountain sleds. Not to mention that the small wheelbarrow tires are sub-par. The Monster dolly has 20" foam filled wheels. I have to hop over a 4" retaining wall end and this dolly does it easily. I think I paid $270 or so on Ebay with shipping. It does break down if you remove the bolts- I have a small garage also.

soxfan3

I have Easy Move. Works great on concrete, breaks down for storage, I put mine in trailer along side the sleds. They make a big wheel kit for gravel, you will need it if you have gravel.

russholio

Another vote for the Easy Move. My concrete is full of cracks and heaves so I have the big wheel kit and it works to my satisfaction. As others have said, you can push the sled off the cart so you have to be careful. But the biggest attribute to me is that it breaks down and can even be stashed in the trailer so it doesn't take up garage space -- which is at a premium for me, too.

ac600sp

Get the Sure Grip dollies. I've used them for many yrs, just fire up the sled and drive it anywhere in the garage or driveway. Works on packed gravel too. Had a friend run them up to 70 mph in the neighborhood on his new sled, the wheels started to come apart, lol.

xsledder

I have the sure grip and ez move. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The ez move is nice in the garage. The sure grips is nice outside the garage. But with the sure grips, you can break the ends that bolt to the dollie (or that is what happened to me with the older style). I welded one end of the sure grip strap to the dollie and they work better now. The sled will slide off the ez move if it gets hung up on an edge when you are moving it. The nice thing about the ez move is the handle works from either side.

MNBlizzard

I have a few large cracks and about 3/8" lip in my garage. The smoothest and toughest dollies I have found are made by Extreme Max. Picked up a set at hay days last year. They slide over the bumps and cracks and stay under the skis most of the time. They are longer than most dollies I've had and I think carry the sled better. I had the drivable dollies once but didn't like how I couldn't slide the slide into a spot in the garage; they'd be great if you were going straight in and out.

http://www.extrememax.com/product-p/5800.0228.htm