sled head racing

snowho96

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about them? I talked to them at haydays about my 800r motor with a bad crank and decided to have them do their fix on it. Sent it up there close to two months ago ,got confermation from them that they got it and what they were going to do to it. They said they would call when done. Havent heard anything so starting to get nervous because I have dec trips planned. I have called their number several times and left messages during buisness hours and sent an e mail to try and make contact with them. They have a good rep on snowest and doo talk. any info would be appreciated.

snobinge

Big John does have a great reputation on dootalk. I have contacted a guy named Chase that works there for a few things and he has been ultra responsive. Look him up on dootalk...he is rev_rider800 and his phone number is in his signature.

Pit Grunt

Big John is great to deal with. I would try again.. Call and e-mail. He just has a boat load of work most of the time. let me know how it goes. can go adiffrent way..

willey

I had John completely rebuild my motor on my 07 800r Summit this summer. Case mod, crank, bearings, new pistons and re-nic on the cylinders. Dropped it off in May and Just got the sled back the middle of October. He is a busy guy and at times I wondered the same as you, but I can truthfully say I am satisfied with his work and can't wait to let my new motor rip! He has a ton on his plate and has also been going thru some family issues this summer. I would highly recommend his work and he is truly a wiz when it comes to Skidoo sleds. Keep calling he will get back to you!

willey

I would be willing to swing by his shop if you need me to. My office is not to far from his shop. I am sure I could find something I need to pick-up for a bud or my sled to justify the visit. Let me know!

snowho96

Thanks for the info willey i'll keep trying to call if I dont get a hold of them I might take you up on the offer to stop by. I don't like to hound him but need to know how much longer it will be. Mine is a 07 summit also. How many miles did you get? My cylinders went at 4k ski doo dealer fixed, then crank at 4500 in march on last trip to snowys. My top end is good so they were going to do the crank ,case mod and reassamble. We pulled the engine and sent it to him.

willey

I baught the sled with what I believed to be 1800 miles on it last July. Don't really believe it as the owner hid a bunch of damage from me and I didn't know it until I started cleaning the sled after I got it. Live and learn right! My motor went down last march on my last boondocking trip in the UP. Ended up being the pto side and from the looks of the damage it most likely was a cold cease, but I am not an expert. John didn't find any other issues that would have caused it. My crank was checked and found to be out of spec quit a bit especially in the middle. I went with having John doing everything so I just dropped off my sled. I liked the fact that he could install it back in the sled and tune and heat cycle it properly. He cleaned and adjusted my carbs, checked the intake for issues, and also tuned my clutches up for optimal performance. I might bring it back when we got a some snow to do some on snow tuning as he invited me too anytime. I did have the uneasy feeling a few times over the summer of not knowing when it would be done, but I knew it would be done right and from all indications it was. He also assured me that if I had issues he would back up his work. Keep me posted and If I can help I would be more than happy too!

Bill

Last edited:

blutooth

On the recommendation of Techsledder I just picked up a flush kit from Big John (Sled head Racing). Every time I call, he answers the phone... I had a few minor questions and he was really helpful!

Hopefully you get the motor back soon and it is a ripper!

Think Snow!

Blutooth

mjkaliszak

How did this turn out ? as far as the performance ???? I have heard nothing but positive about BJohn and everytime I call he answers the phone also. I'm sending him my doo clutches for a set-up and repair. I even had a well established business owner refer him to me. I was surprised , I actually called Matt, the business owner doing a dbl check on another clutch guy. So there was the dilemna... he told me I could send him my clutches , I said no, then there was my clutch guy, and then matt said, you know , the BEST guy was someone from MN, B john @ sled head. That is where he sends his stuff. SO he has an extremely high reputation.