sled lifts

Tuck

ok its past time to get a sled lift for maintenance and repairs. who likes what they have, why and what brand is it?

renegade

Lift a sled all aluminum with steel castor wheels. Light and works great. I have 3 of them no problems what so ever. Made in Medford, WI

snoden

Lift a sled for me as well. I have 2 of them but 5 of them in the group. We load our trailers with them.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lift a Sled, a small business owner near Medford, Wisconsin. (715) 661-0016 I've heard good things and almost bought a unit near the end of last season. He builds them one at a time and ships them anywhere. I'll probably revisit this in the near future.

hermie

I was lucky and my buddy picked me up lift a sled at hay days. I was going to buy one at the snowmobile roundup in St.Germain but he didn't make it this year. Very good quality looking forward to putting it to work.

Tuck

like the steel castor, much better than the plastic wheels I saw on one. Thanks for the info I will look this guy up.

snoden I am curious about how you load with a lift? seems the castors would not be big enough to get on the ramp or are you loading open trailer?

snoden

snoden I am curious about how you load with a lift? seems the castors would not be big enough to get on the ramp or are you loading open trailer?
Loading into 2 enclosed inline trailers. One is a Triton Prestige 4 place, the other is an ATC 4 place . You do have to get a little creative, with the ATC we use an old street sign from the concrete to the ramp and a 1" X 6" in the hinge opening. With the triton it took a little more thinking, the back door doesn't have the folding ramp extension so I made ramps out of 2" X 6" material. Cut 4 pieces 42" long and ripped them corner to corner then nailed 4 together making 2 ramps.

On a side note, the metal casters work just fine but we swapped them out for the rubber type. The metal casters left marks in the concrete and the rubber rolls smoother and easier over uneven cracks in the concrete. When loading we make sure to lower sled down so that it clears rubbing anywhere. We have been loading our trailers with these lifts since we got them back in 2016.

favoritos

I've looked fondly at various sled lift options over the years. Just never bit the bullet.
I have been using a heavy duty ratchet strap attached to the rafters. It works ok for a lot of the stuff I'm doing. It works quite well for skid related stuff. I just wrap one end around the rear bumper and lift away. Engine and front end stuff I'm still crouching most of the time.

600_RMK_144

Loading into 2 enclosed inline trailers. One is a Triton Prestige 4 place, the other is an ATC 4 place . You do have to get a little creative, with the ATC we use an old street sign from the concrete to the ramp and a 1" X 6" in the hinge opening. With the triton it took a little more thinking, the back door doesn't have the folding ramp extension so I made ramps out of 2" X 6" material. Cut 4 pieces 42" long and ripped them corner to corner then nailed 4 together making 2 ramps.

On a side note, the metal casters work just fine but we swapped them out for the rubber type. The metal casters left marks in the concrete and the rubber rolls smoother and easier over uneven cracks in the concrete. When loading we make sure to lower sled down so that it clears rubbing anywhere. We have been loading our trailers with these lifts since we got them back in 2016.
Interesting. Can I ask why you do this? Seems like a lot of extra work rather than just firing up the sled and running it up into the trailer? Is it so you have a stand to work on when / if needed while on a trip?

whitedust

Interesting. Can I ask why you do this? Seems like a lot of extra work rather than just firing up the sled and running it up into the trailer? Is it so you have a stand to work on when / if needed while on a trip?
Just guessing but those that are ultra sensitive about trailer floors and are anti slides use wheels. Me I use slides and mats makes loading and unloading super simple. 👍

snoden

Interesting. Can I ask why you do this?
Firing up and loading from the front was a pain in the @$$ from our sled shop. The drive is U shaped with concrete on one side thru the U portion and gravel on the other, to load we would roll the sleds out to the edge of the gravel. Still was sketchy starting from the concrete with picks to load. With the U-shaped drive, it was impossible to get a good angle to the sled shop door for loading from the front but, we can back right up to it with ease. So, we thought we would try loading using the lifts. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the concrete and doesn't take much longer than firing one up and riding it on. When were on trip up North we fire them up and load and unloading we fire them up and drive them off so it has nothing to do with the trailer floor.

600_RMK_144

Firing up and loading from the front was a pain in the @$$ from our sled shop. The drive is U shaped with concrete on one side thru the U portion and gravel on the other, to load we would roll the sleds out to the edge of the gravel. Still was sketchy starting from the concrete with picks to load. With the U-shaped drive, it was impossible to get a good angle to the sled shop door for loading from the front but, we can back right up to it with ease. So, we thought we would try loading using the lifts. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the concrete and doesn't take much longer than firing one up and riding it on. When were on trip up North we fire them up and load and unloading we fire them up and drive them off so it has nothing to do with the trailer floor.
Ok. Gotcha. That makes sense. Was just wondering why you were going that route. I get it now.

winterwarlock

Last year I purchased the Extreme Max 5600.1184 Pro Series Aluminum Snowmobile Lift. I had done tons of research and purchased this particular lift because I own a 2022 Ski Doo Mach Z which has a very low profile and Extreme Max claimed this lift will slide under the front of all model sleds with low profiles. When fully collapsed I cannot get it to clear under the belly pan unless I have dollies under the skis. Anyone else having this issue especially with the Mach Z or any ideas?