Sledding in Vail

mbo285

Has anyone ever been sledding around Vail, CO? I am going out there next week for my wife's work conference and have some free time. I am looking to do some riding with another guy in the group. I found a place called Nova guides that rents out of the area (Polaris RMK600). Just looking for any
recommendations or suggestions .

Thanks

cuzzinolaf

Has anyone ever been sledding around Vail, CO? I am going out there next week for my wife's work conference and have some free time. I am looking to do some riding with another guy in the group. I found a place called Nova guides that rents out of the area (Polaris RMK600). Just looking for any
recommendations or suggestions .

Thanks

I rode Vail a few years ago for a day. I remember seeing a truck in the lot and think it was either a Yamaha demo OR rental sleds. It was in a parking lot right off of the interstate if that helps.

cuzzinolaf

how was the riding? anything you remember that was worth seeing ?

I remember my 2008 M8 had a bog when we topped 13k feet. I remember there being some awesome views and good snow.

I would go back if I could BUT didn't like the fact we had to trailer to ride. I think there is one place that you can stay at and ride from but don't know its name or location... just that it is near Vail.

One thing I can tell you about riding near vail... there is WAY more good riding without going to the crapshow that is Vail pass. There's a couple other places that are pretty amazing.

Red & white, Little piney, flat tops... all within a pretty minimal drive

We've gotten a bunch of snow recently, we rode stomach deep on sunday & the cold weather this week & more snow pretty much guarantees this weekend to be even deeper.

If you're up for leaving the ground, shoot me a PM if you come out, we can show you some fun stuff.

Also, pretty sure there are better rental gigs than nova. I deal with them in a prof. capacity in the summer... and there are better people to deal with.

Do you have the ability to tow? If so, I've got a stack of people who could help you & have WAY better sleds. a 600 at 10,000 (starting) elevation is a bit of a joke.