Sleepy River bridge on trail 13 washed away!

hermie

Yep I have no interest in riding the Keweenaw or the Bill Nichols either been there done that suggest everyone ride it once lots of snow but limited in trail choice. I do like the UP interior Amasa , Champion , Republic , Crystal Falls and Iron River not a lot of amenities but enough for us. I have no idea why more riders don’t frequent those areas modern sleds very reliable ,gas efficient to make it to available gas and enough eateries to make do.
Forest county in WI and iron county in MI are always nice with less traffic. When you take 2 out of watersmeet and head east you know the minute you pass 3 heading north,trail 2 is in better shape and smooth. 107 is always smoother than 3. I like trail 15 between iron river and trippler.

goofy600

The big problems are when the damage is so extensive you have to get so many people involved (different government departments, club contractors) to get things repaired and that takes time. DNR does have money for projects and tries to work with clubs but so often it can be overwhelming for a club to handle especially in a timely manner. Really would love to see all these trails get back open but sometimes it comes down to help and the lack of people willing to. So many snowmobilers that complain about trails closing and clubs not getting things done but very few willing to help or get involved with a club.