Sno Valley Riders Snowmobile Club Sidnaw/Bruce Crossing

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-26

Trails have taken a beating, they are in FAIR and POOR condition and we have suspended grooming. There will be some bare & wet areas to deal with until we get more snow. Watch for some large wet spots on trail #3 between Bruce Crossing and Rockland, you have plenty of room to get around them with a snowmobile.

The 6th Annual trailside hotdog cookout will be held on Saturday the 4th of February. Stop by at the clubhouse in Trout Creek along trail #8 and have a hotdog on us. We will also have wonderful homemade cookies, coffee and hot chocolate. We usually are up and running around 10:00AM and will go until around 3:00PM, conditions permitting.
This is a thank you from the club to the riders for coming to our area!

Please DO NOT climb the “Military Hill” from the highway, US 45, to the fence, we have ongoing erosion issues there and the hill climbers are adding to the problem. YOU COULD CAUSE THIS MAJOR TRAIL TO BE CLOSED IF YOU CONTINUE!

Please ride on your own side of the trail and STOP at the stop signs!

Trail #3 North to Rockland is FAIR.
Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is FAIR.
Trail #3/8 from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is POOR.
Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is FAIR.
Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is FAIR.
Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Kenton is FAIR.
Trail #8 from Kenton to Sidnaw is FAIR.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is FAIR.

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks Dave_B! I haven't seen you post for a while.

parker

Ditto, and thanks for the Honest Report Dave and the Sno Valley Riders are Top Shelf.
Not to mention Brenda Awesomes .. Awesome Cookies at the Weenie Roast !

1fujifilm

Groomer Report: 1-26

Please DO NOT climb the “Military Hill” from the highway, US 45, to the fence, we have ongoing erosion issues there and the hill climbers are adding to the problem. YOU COULD CAUSE THIS MAJOR TRAIL TO BE CLOSED IF YOU CONTINUE!

I agree, stay off that goll damn hill, there are always tracks on it when I drive through. This is one of the most fun/scenic stretches to ride as the hill is cool. If the trail closes, how many other ways are there to cross the river and train tracks? Very few I imagine.

Bear

Dave_B

Thanks Dave_B! I haven't seen you post for a while.

Took a little time off. Thought I'd poke my head in and rejoin the fun!
Looks like Linda has beat me to the punch posting conditions, though. :) I'll try to keep them updated.

mrsrunningbear

Took a little time off. Thought I'd poke my head in and rejoin the fun!
Looks like Linda has beat me to the punch posting conditions, though. :) I'll try to keep them updated.

Hi Dave!! So good to see you on here :) If you can help keeping it updated that would be awesome! My post could be deleted, just saying'

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 1-30

We are grooming our regular schedule now, every day. The trails are overall GOOD with a couple areas in FAIR condition. There are some thin & wet areas to deal with but they are getting better. Watch for some large wet spots on trail #3 between Bruce Crossing and Rockland, you have plenty of room to get around them with a snowmobile and none are very deep and most of that trail is very nice as you get farther North.

The 6th Annual trailside hotdog cookout will be held on Saturday the 4th of February. Stop by at the clubhouse in Trout Creek along trail #8 and have a hotdog on us. We will also have wonderful homemade cookies, coffee and hot chocolate. We usually are up and running around 10:00AM and will go until around 3:00PM, conditions permitting. This is a thank you from the club to the riders for coming to our area!

Trail #3 North to Rockland is FAIR – GOOD. Some wet and thin spots to watch for. Much better on the North end.
Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is GOOD.
Trail #3/8 East from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is FAIR with some thin spots.
Trail #3/8 West from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 North intersection is FAIR with some thin spots.
Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is GOOD.
Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Kenton is GOOD.
Trail #8 from Kenton to Sidnaw is GOOD.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is GOOD.

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 2-1

There is about 16" of snow on the ground and about 2 - 3" of fresh fell yesterday and last night.

We are grooming every day. The trails are overall GOOD with a couple areas in FAIR condition. There are some thin & wet areas to deal with but they are getting better. Watch for some large wet spots on trail #3 between Bruce Crossing and Rockland, you have plenty of room to get around them with a snowmobile and none are very deep and most of that trail is very nice as you get farther North.

The 6th Annual trailside hotdog cookout will be held on Saturday the 4th of February. Stop by at the clubhouse in Trout Creek along trail #8 and have a hotdog on us. We will also have wonderful homemade cookies, coffee and hot chocolate. We usually are up and running around 10:00AM and will go until around 3:00PM, conditions permitting. This is a thank you from the club to the riders for coming to our area!

Trail #3 North to Rockland is FAIR – GOOD. Some wet and thin spots to watch for. Much better on the North end.
Trail #3/8 East from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is FAIR with some thin spots.
Trail #3/8 West from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 North intersection is FAIR with some thin spots.

Dave_B

Groomer Report:

We got a couple inches of fluffy snow on Sunday.

We are grooming every day. The trails are overall GOOD with a couple areas in FAIR condition. The wet spots are frozen again and are holding for now, still use caution on trail 3 North of trail 8 for a few miles. There are some very thin areas East and West from Bruce Crossing.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is FAIR – GOOD. Some icy spots, but much better on the North end.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is GOOD

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 2-8

We have at least 9″ of fresh snow yesterday and it has some moisture in it so the trails should be in very good condition after tonights grooming.

Thank you to everyone that attended our trailside cookout on Saturday, it was a great time!

Trail #3 North to Rockland is GOOD. Some icy spots, but much better on the North end.
Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is GOOD.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is GOOD

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 2-17

We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and no fresh snow in the last day.

It looks like we are going to have another warm up so some of the trails are going take a beating but there is plenty of snow on some them so hopefully they will last. Grooming will be questionable for a couple days.
Watch for a wet areas and icy corners.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is GOOD. Some icy spots and some wet areas, but much better on the North end.
Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is GOOD.

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 2-20

We have about 15" of snow left on the ground but it is still melting.

The second big warm up for the season is here and the trails are taking a beating. Our portion of the old railroad grade has taken the biggest hit with lots of bare spots, any plowed roads will be bare also. There are many water holes spread all over the trail system. There will be areas of good riding like on some of the forest roads but it is hard to get to them. We are keeping our fingers crossed for the show to return the end of the week!

Trail #3 North to Rockland is POOR to FAIR, better on the North end.
Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 North is POOR.
Trail #3/8 East from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is POOR with bare spots.
Trail #3/8 West from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 North intersection is POOR with bare spots.
Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is POOR.
Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is POOR.
Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Kenton is POOR.
Trail #8 from Kenton to Sidnaw is POOR.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is FAIR

ski_dog

FWIW...I'd like to give a big shout out and thanks to the Sno Valley Riders snowmobile club for the drastic improvement in their trails the last few years...great job to those that make it happen!!!

In years past, we'd drive right through BC to Rockland and start our rides there because of the less than desirable trail conditions in BC. But because of the hard work from the club members and excellent trail conditions we encounter on a consistent basis now, we always start our rides in BC (as long as there's snow) and make sure we spend a few dollars there before leaving town. As a member of 2 snowmobile clubs, I know what it takes to make it happen and you only hear the bad stuff from people but I'd like to tip my helmet to the Sno Valley Riders for doing such a great job!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

jedoyle

And Dave_B please keep reporting on the area trail conditions like you do. I find it extremely helpful. Thanks!

Dave_B

Well, we got three inches of snow overnight. I don't know how much good it is going to do with all the gravel that was showing on the grade and plowed roads but we will take it!
There is more in the forecast for Friday and Saturday, time will tell

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 3-3

We had some snow yesterday and last night but it didn’t amount to much. There are many water holes and bare areas spread all over the trail system. I would say overall our system is in fair condition but just barely, if it gets as warm as predicted Sunday and Monday we will be back at poor condition for sure.
There will be areas of good riding on some of the un-plowed forest roads but it is hard to get to them.

Trail #3/8 East from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is FAIR.
Trail #3/8 West from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 North intersection is FAIR.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is FAIR

Dave_B

Groomer Report: 3-5

We did groom what we could on Friday evening, it will be touch and go from now on. There are many water holes and bare areas spread all over the trail system. I would say overall our system is in fair condition but just barely, if it gets as warm as predicted Sunday and Monday we will probably be back to poor condition.
There will be areas of good riding on some of the un-plowed forest roads but some of them are hard to get to.

Trail #3/8 East from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 South intersection is FAIR.
Trail #3/8 West from Bruce Crossing to the trail #3 North intersection is FAIR.
Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is FAIR.