Snocross

wiscrev

It's official, just got the go ahead to announce.

HAYES BRAKES SNOCROSS NATIONAL​

On March 14-15, the tour heads to the legendary World Championship Derby Complex in Eagle River, Wisconsin, for the Hayes Brakes Snocross National. Eagle River is celebrated for its challenging turns and thrilling straightaways, making it a favorite among riders and fans alike. This historic venue, often referred to as the “Snowmobile Capital of the World,” has been a cornerstone of the snocross community, offering an unforgettable backdrop for the sport’s most electrifying moments.

Will have more as info become available. Super great for Eagle River.

wiscrev

Is Lake Geneva still on ?
Not sure, Pete. ISOC site has all the info and races. I knew this was coming but couldn't say anything about ER until ISOC announced it. If I remember, I think the last race is in Duluth right after ER. I'm not a fan of snocross but absolutely pumped for the track and ER. Will bring in a ton of biz.

whitedust

Doesn't appear to be. I miss going to that race.
Used to be a fun time in the late 90s early 2000s then I moved to Vilas for 16 years lost interest in racing more fun to ride all winter. It was great all the OEMs showed their new product lines. I remember Yamaha unavailing the RX1 ton 4s while the weight wars were raging with the others. Who knew I would purchase a new 2007
Apex be done with 2s forever.

I heard Lake Geneva race is gone for good. The runway / parking lot for the race is demolished and a par 3 golf course will be built.

indy_500

Glad to see it in ER. Great memories going up there as a kid to watch. Also like the weekend they chose, many winters riding is done at that time and/or ending and will entice more people to come watch as they may not be able to ride.

chunk06

Used to be a fun time in the late 90s early 2000s then I moved to Vilas for 16 years lost interest in racing more fun to ride all winter. It was great all the OEMs showed their new product lines. I remember Yamaha unavailing the RX1 ton 4s while the weight wars were raging with the others. Who knew I would purchase a new 2007
Apex be done with 2s forever.
It was a good time back then. Good memories watching some of the legends like Blair Morgan. looking back it was crazy how good they were on the old school sleds. I was in my early 20's then so good memories the night before and after the races as well!

wiscrev

It was a good time back then. Good memories watching some of the legends like Blair Morgan. looking back it was crazy how good they were on the old school sleds. I was in my early 20's then so good memories the night before and after the races as well!
Yes, I remember them well. Great times.

indy_500

Snocross was at its peak back then. I was a massive Blair Morgan fan, still have a bunch of autographed posters. Crazy how much the sport has fallen off, I also believe offtrail/backcountry riding put a huge damper on it. Every kid/teenager back then wanted do be the next Blair Morgan or Tucker Hibbert and the only place to ride crazy like that was on a snocross track. Now those same guys can go ride crazy offtrail on what are absolutely insane bone stock mountain sleds the OEMs are putting out.

wiscrev

459513632_981022653825015_4679175450424631391_n.jpg