Snoring

snowbuff

Does anyone have a GOOD remedy for snoring? I have tried the strips, and they don't help?

Thanks in advance,

Signed,
Not getting any......sleep either!!!

jonesin

my wife usually just hits me and tells me to roll over, (sorry couldnt resist)
after rolling my sled and messing up my ribs ive slept on my back a lot the last 2 weeks so now my shoulders are sore from the above said remedy!
i'll be reading this one

gogebictodd

Have a sleep study done, and get a CPAP. If you snore, and can't sleep, worth checking into.

Snoring is Often a sign of sleep apnea(can be a very serious health problem, since many people stop breathing briefly when snoring) I had the study and have been using a cpap for 4 years now, takes a bit of getting
used too, but feel better rested!

snowbuff

I am not overweight... 5'10" 165lbs. I don't think its sleep apnea. My ex wife had that and slept with a cpap machine. I sleep sound but, my girlfriend complains about my snoring.

durphee

find a new girlfriend? ok sorry, but sleep apnea could be it. I have tried lots of "solutions" myself, nothing worked. Never heard of what highhertel stated "magnesium citrate" before, might have to try that one. Good luck.

dab102999

Wife says I snore more in winter then any other time. A humidifier in our room solved it for me. She snores almost all the time. Has one of those apnea machine but can never seem to keep it on all night. Gives her Closter phobia thru the night. I have found a pillow helps her stop snoring but she always wakes up yelling get that off my face and a surprised look on her face.....

jonesin

Wife says I snore more in winter then any other time. A humidifier in our room solved it for me. She snores almost all the time. Has one of those apnea machine but can never seem to keep it on all night. Gives her Closter phobia thru the night. I have found a pillow helps her stop snoring but she always wakes up yelling get that off my face and a surprised look on her face.....

i hope my wife doesnt read this one, thanks for the laugh!

arcticgeorge

Contrary to what most people think snoring is caused when throat and neck muscles become rlaxed. My father in law had the surgery and it didnt help. I do have another friend that uses the CPAP and it works.

blkhwkbob

Funniest thing I've read on here since the "bag of weed" thread!

I pack ear plugs every trip I take now. Nothing worse than a 12 hr drive and not getting sleep when you get there. One trip I had to use those foam ice fishing bobbers as make-shift plugs.

If you're a snorer, pack earplugs for your group!