Snow flap for Polaris

mikesac

I've extended my 2004 xcsp to a 144 incher. The tracks usa tunnel extension has straight across mounting holes where the original tunnel had the outer mount holes higher than the center three. I've read about some overheating issues from too short of a flap so I'd like something longer than original. I've checked other polaris flaps in the catalog and it seems there all about the same length. I've measured out some flaps on my other sleds and a IQ rear flap seems to be the longest. Any ideas ??? Thanks in advance.

M4me

<font color="119911">The guy that owned my M before me cut off the last 5" of the snow flap so it shot a wicked roost. While I did enjoy seeing the 30' roost behind my sled, it delegated me to the rear of the pack(unless I wanted to lose the rest of the group).
I took an old rubber floor mat I had in my garage and cut 6" out of it, drilled holes and fastened it to the bottom of the flap. I haven't tried it yet but, it looks like it should work fine.</font>

indy_500

i cut an inch and 3/4 of the sides and about the same off the bottom of my sled because the mud flap was TOO BIG. i have a 99 indy 500. it looks cooler and it shouldn't drag on the ground ever again

zimmbob

There is a racing flap that is available that is even longer, and pretty stiff. You just need to look up the part number for the RR or ask the dealership to find you the race snow flap. They are very long, and would easily cover your situation.

booondocker

I think 99% of the time, a couple inches difference is not going to be noticed and cooling on that sled should not be a problem unless you are running on ice with no snow. Instead of extending I would use it and see how it goes. If you find that low snow will be the norm for your riding, then put some ice scratchers on, and call it a day.

mikesac

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to get the IQ snow flap becuase it looks more modern. I'm completely sure we're gonna get loads of snow this winter so overheating shouldnt be an issue. By the way we should all be proud to be members of JohnDee, This site rocks compared to all the others. Think Snow
Mike

indy_500

Yea i was thinking you were going to put the IQ flap on just because it looks nice. on a sled like that i wouldn't take any shortcuts on it like i do with my 99 indy 500. lol