snowcheck

1fujifilm

I know of one dealer that has a lot of inventory and that’s Houghton Power Sports, i think he has about 60 units between skidoo and Polaris. No one else seems to have much of anything.
Even prior to COVID issues HPS was a dealer I would not do business with..why;
-High prices.
-Hidden doc fees.
-Advertising prices that are not even close to OTD reality.
Can't imagine how they are now..must have been used car dealers first.

Bear

MKW

They knew this was coming...they should have limited the number of snowchecks...not a free for all that they knew they couldn’t meet

hermie

Ordered an XC 650 129"....Wisconsin dealer.

Just bought the last 22 850 TNT Doo from dealer...complete with all parts and ready to go, only exception is no DSS until spring. I will take delivery of the Polaris when it comes, but will most likely sell that at a profit.

Spoke to 3 different multi brand dealers past few days, and all stated that there has been a run on any remaining sleds, especially Doo's, with soem still having a few 21 Polaris models, though limited. Since Polaris dropped the snowcheck bomb on people last minute, last week, all 3 dealers in essence commented that "the Polaris failure is the best thing that has happened to Ski Doo, both now and for the future". All are concerned about Polaris sleds going forward.

I am involved in the logistics and freight business, and we actually do work with Polaris. Polaris, from a supply chain and logistics planning standpoint, seems to struggle compared to others, like Harley and a few other recreational and leisure companies we work with. Personally think this is management and labor related, and also think that the reason they are now so far behind is due to more labor issues, not only product. AND, sled production lead time is far more then any other segment, including watercraft, so I have concerns they could not secure product or change or expand sourcing, or at least know long ago that issues would prevent the snow check sleds from being completed by sometime in winter.......And, would be nice to have been notified prior to December 13th that sleds will not arrive this winter.

And yes, I know all areas are struggling with product and materials, but somehow Ski doo, and perhaps AC and Yamaha, were able to source and complete most sleds by now, or have them 99% completed very soon.
They should be concerned about Ski-Doo as well. More people are waiting for there snow checks then have received them. They are no where near 99% complete. What is really messed up is a customer can go in buy a floor model while others who have spring ordered and put there money down in the spring still don't have there sleds. That is wrong.

eagle1

Yah Yamaha flat out cancelled some spring orders........which is probably better than stringing people along.

harvest1121

Most of my friends are in that 35-50 year old age bracket. None of them had bad years in the last 5. No one is laid off and getting all the over time they want. This is union and non union jobs.

Woodtic

The best sled ever made is waiting to be picked up at Pats Motorsports. Came in the first week of Dec like Poo said it would. Sucks for some with some late arrivals,but plenty of them are shipping. I was able to put some miles on the Nitro already. Starting out to be a great season. The week after Christmas will be glorious.

old abe

Even prior to COVID issues HPS was a dealer I would not do business with..why;
-High prices.
-Hidden doc fees.
-Advertising prices that are not even close to OTD reality.
Can't imagine how they are now..must have been used car dealers first.

Bear
Perhaps your favorite dealer could purchase HPS, eh?

old abe

Pats has access to everything but Doo. Can’t move Greenland a great location and couldn’t fit Doo floor plan in Greenland. Other brand dealers north ,south , east and west of Greenland. Not as easy as you think and costly.
Yeah, well Greenland is where Greenland is, not moving. Houghton is at Houghton, eh? Is HPS still affiliated with Marquette?

whitedust

Yeah, well Greenland is where Greenland is, not moving. Houghton is at Houghton, eh? Is HPS still affiliated with Marquette?
You have to remember Pats and M&M are what they are due to the management style they present. Ain’t enough brothers to open third store. But just maybe they will figure it out some day. You saw what Fugi thinks of current Doo store management.

1fujifilm

You have to remember Pats and M&M are what they are due to the management style they present. Ain’t enough brothers to open third store. But just maybe they will figure it out some day. You saw what Fugi thinks of current Doo store management.
For every sucker there are 10 businesses for them, compared to 1 that is straightforward for the rest of us..Pat's and M/M are straightforward.

Bear

opt8low

You can put Timberline Sports in Bergland in that same category…outstanding people!

There is a reason you become dealer of the Year.

People buy there sleds from Timberline from all over the Midwest. Have to be a reason why people would travel to do that. Same for Pat's and M&M. Think how many people drive right by all those other dealerships to get to these dealers.....

katden4

And for the Arctic cat people you have RT 12 Arctic cat in Arlington Heights IL. Excellent people to deal with.

wiscrev

There is a reason you become dealer of the Year.

People buy there sleds from Timberline from all over the Midwest. Have to be a reason why people would travel to do that. Same for Pat's and M&M. Think how many people drive right by all those other dealerships to get to these dealers.....
I have friends in MT and ND who have traveled to buy from Mark. Mark and Marlyn are tops. Have known them for 30 years.