Snowmobile title requirements in Illinois

tomcat

Hi all, frequent lurker seldom poster here. I spend too much time on craigslist and stumbled across what appears to be a good deal on a couple sleds in Illinois. I was mainly after a 3-400 cc sled for my boy next winter but this gentlemen wont separate his pair of sleds. One is an early 2000s zr 600 and the other is a Puma 340. My intentions would be to resell the ZR next winter and keep the Puma around to introduce sledding to my soon to be 7 year old, his sister, and baby brother. He stated that he has no title for the puma but I will get a bill of sale. Not a real big deal to me as it will be used just to bomb around my acreage. I will check that the vin hasnt been tampered with. He said he does have a current registration for the zr. In Iowa we have titles as well. Does Illinois not require titles? Will a current Illinois Reg be all I need to title and register this thing in Iowa??? thanks for any input.

skiseadoo

Sleds in illinois only have registration. There are no titles. I have sold a couple sleds to people in Iowa and provided them with the signed Il registration and a signed bill of sale.

old abe

Registration of ownership only in Illinois. The backside is used as a transfer of ownership. His bill of sale should work for you. Perhaps have it notarized. Check with you Iowa DNR to be sure. Good luck!!!

blkhwkbob

All I know is that in Illinois the Registration Card is pretty much the title. You need it to do anything. That said, you need to check with Iowa to see what their requirements are.