Snowmobile track mats

I'm looking for the best place to get some mat protectors for my trailer. I'm sick of replacing boards on my trailer. As much as I love studs on the trails and ice, they are taking a toll on my trailer. Just wondering what is recommended and where is the best place to get them from? Surprisingly, the carbides aren't as much of an issue for damage, but I may end up getting some ski guides down the road too. Thanks in advance.

lt250rfd

I used horse or cow mats and cut them down in our trailer. Believe they are 1/2" or 3/4" thick and was pretty cheap from local farm and fleet.

wiscrev

If you have an "in," old conveyor belting works great. Not as good as the Caliber's, but will certainly get you by.

Tuck

I went with https://www.mateflex.com/blog/snowmobile-trailer-floors/ In my case it was slightly more costly than caliber flooring. deciding factor for me was when I use the trailer for other things I have a smooth 1 level floor. I can slide a sled easily on this stuff, even sideways. Yes you can see some marks in the flooring but for 3 years of use one will get that.

Attachments

• 1104181650_resized.jpg
    1104181650_resized.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 40
Great info. Thanks! Was not familiar with horse/cow mats either. Tuck, that looks nice in your trailer. I don't have an "in" with anyone with access to old conveyor belts, but do recall an acquaintance in the past, whom had that in his trailer. His was excessive though, and probably doubled the weight of his trailer. LOL. Will take a look at the Caliber stuff.

whitedust

Bunch of slides and mats available look for low profile slides on Amazon. Pfeiffer Trailer in Bristol, WI had piles of slides and mats 10 and 12 footers. Hardware included. Easy to install measure up screw them in. I don’t know where you live so suggested Pfeiffer on RT 50.

gkolar

Caliber guides and mats are great. Before I added them to our trailer we screwed a "slave" board" strip onto the deck where the studded track went, it worked just had to replace it every couple seasons. The plastics are way better and worth the $.

D

Deleted member 10829

Glad to hear such good things about Caliber! They came standard in my Mission trailer. (y)

Was in the local Fleet Farm last night and found a Raider brand track mat. 18x54" piece with hardware. Looks similar to the caliber, but was almost $20 cheaper (I know you usually get what you pay for.) Will try it and see. May look into getting some ski guides, which they did not have there and would maybe look into the Caliber products for that.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was in the local Fleet Farm last night and found a Raider brand track mat. 18x54" piece with hardware. Looks similar to the caliber, but was almost $20 cheaper (I know you usually get what you pay for.) Will try it and see. May look into getting some ski guides, which they did not have there and would maybe look into the Caliber products for that.
I would suggest using Stainless hardware. It'll cost a bit more but it'll last and look much better.

Gary