Snowmobiling and sunburn

buddah2

Bet not a whole lot of us have combined the two in a single day, huh?

We had a decent sized group out at Kingston Plains yesterday and then had a planned cook-out at lunch time.....sitting around in bright sun and such.....I rode the whole day in uninsulated bibs and a long-sleeved t-shirt and was comfortable......we even have a video of a pal tail-walking his sled in his boots, bathing suit, and helmet....that is all ;)

Of course there's always the guy that only wore his bibs and a helmet......you ought to see what HE looks like.......

sweeperguy

Bet not a whole lot of us have combined the two in a single day, huh?

We had a decent sized group out at Kingston Plains yesterday and then had a planned cook-out at lunch time.....sitting around in bright sun and such.....I rode the whole day in uninsulated bibs and a long-sleeved t-shirt and was comfortable......we even have a video of a pal tail-walking his sled in his boots, bathing suit, and helmet....that is all ;)

Of course there's always the guy that only wore his bibs and a helmet......you ought to see what HE looks like.......

PICS? I need a good laugh

frnash

No surprise; those UVA and UVB components of sunlight reflect very nicely from that bright white snow, potentially reaching bits of your anatomy that the direct sunlight might not! [Ouch! :cool:]<ouch. :cool:<ouch! :cool:</ouch!></ouch.>

towtruck

heck ya , got sunburned last week riding in the UP except Tuesday when it sprinkled for ten min-
lunch in the woods with no hat and breaks and stuff- your skin is like "hey I need protection!

snocrazy

Local group was out there Saturday. Sunday and Monday we rode down by your place buddah. Still some good snow last weekend.
This coming weekend will prob be the end even out in the plains. Think there is another big ride planned.
This ginger fears the sun.... Have to be prepared. SPF 1000 if they had it.

mrbb

I think its more common than you think
many many times in warm sunny days I have been riding wearing sun glass's in helmet and end up at end of day with raccoon eye's sun tan
snow reflects back a LOT of the sun's rays

can be very hard on the eye's

but its sure a lot of fun to be able to wear T shirts and ride a snowmobile

bearrassler

I remember riding in April of 92 out of Revelstoke BC. The sun only came out one day, we put suntan lotion on and went riding in t-shirts and shorts plus our bibs. When we were done riding the suntan lotion had worked but all 3 of us had a bad sunburn on the underside of our arms. You usually don't get burned there but with your hands on the handlebars your arms are up and the reflection got us.