• Scenery and Wildlife

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • I live in the Snowbelt and make the most of the Winter Season

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • I'm incredibly wealthy with nowhere else to spend my money

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

frosty

Its the escape from the everyday life! Being able to go 10 mph to 100 without someone telling you NO! Carving through fresh powder and the excelleration you get. Seeing your the first one on that brand new white ribbon that groomer just laid down for you. You become someone not bound by rules of work, the bills, or your wife, its the freedom. ;)

Banjo Man

Listening to an I-Pod through helmet speakers while cruising is my idea of getting away from it all. I found softer music seems to work better while enjoying nature at its best.

upbarleyboy

As I too am getting older, I find it is more about the surroundings and taking everything in rather than just pinning the throttle (of course I still enjoy that from time to time too:). (Hey I may be getting older but I ain't dead!!).

Bottom line is, we as snowmobilers get to experience and see so much more than those who don't ride. The wildlife, scenery, and majestic landscapes are there in full living color, and you never know what the day is going to bring on the morning of a ride. Every day is different, and all are memorable. Still to this day, I have a hard time sleeping the night before a ride-still the little kid in me I guess.

Must be the same reason I enjoy being on my Harley. After a bad day at work or whatever it may be, hopping on the bike even for an hour and hitting the back roads before dinner with the family clears my head, and lets me forget all that's wrong with this world. Both put me in the right frame of mind-it's certainly safe to say my addictions are stress relievers.

Pizza Man

As I'm older then I was years ago, I have gone from speed and miles, to touring.
I'm now retired and love the great outdoors.
In the winter, it's snowmobiling and in the summer, it's riding our Goldwing Trike.

sledder66

I got bit by the sledding bug over seven years ago when I used to live in northern Illinois. Even though I live in Georgia now, I've made the annual Pilgrimage to the UP twice and don't ever plan on stopping. I have lived all over this great country of ours and believe me, the people of the Northwoods are the most accomodating, friendly, and hospitable people you'll ever know. If my career would let me, I would move there in a heartbeat.

The best expanation as to why I love it would be that it's "an addiction coupled with an obsession". I HAVE to go every year, and I THINK about it every day that I'm not on a sled. How many of you like me are out there are on John Dee in the middle of summer!? Crazy, eh? It's "The Great Escape".

When my son is old enough, I plan on having him bit by the bug too and turning my sledding disorder into a family tradition.

nhra1000

"Must be the same reason I enjoy being on my Harley. After a bad day at work or whatever it may be, hopping on the bike even for an hour and hitting the back roads before dinner with the family clears my head, and lets me forget all that's wrong with this world. Both put me in the right frame of mind-it's certainly safe to say my addictions are stress relievers. "

This sums it up for me..

snocat_02

I like to put my helmet on and be in my own world. The phone is not ringing. The girlfriend is not nagging me. I am not around 2 million people all trying to get to the same place at the same time (live near Chicago). I love the fact that its just me and my thoughts!

yamarage07

peaceful that's it how many people can say that they stopped out in the forest and all you hear is the snow crunching under your feet or sometimes its so quite that you can actually hear the snow falling off the trees - peaceful