Snowpocalypse Russia

snowshoe

http://on.rt.com/6uqsxj

The polar circle city of Norilsk has been buried under 10 feet of snow – entire apartment blocks, markets, stores and offices were buried under snow overnight.
Banks of snow were as high as two people put together, reaching the second-story windows of some apartment buildings. Cars, stores, garages were blocked. Norilsk metropolitan workers were forced to dig passageways through the snow banks to create access between the outside world and the barricaded city.

I'm glad that winter has returned to the UP but for those of us outside the LES snowbelts were forced to look for snow. Check out the pictures from the other side of the globe. Man, what a guy wouldn't do for that to be over here!!!

chevytaHOE5674

I think if we got 10 feet of snow riding would be the least of our worries. I would be more worried about buildings collapsing, finding food/water, keeping warm etc.

6mile

I would bet that if there was a way they would be wiling to ship some of that across the globe for a while. That will be a lot of work to dig out of all that snow.

mjkaliszak

This is the 2nd year in a row that the snow over in Europe & Russia has been excessive. It's like we lost it and they found it.
I actually know (2nd hand) a freind of my wife's that has family over there for work , and they returned ( their family wife & kids ) to the states because the cold & snow was getting to be too much.

thedoc

Ever read about HAARP. I think the US is still in testing phase to see what they can do with weather patterns on this old Cold War technology. Was designed to move ionosphere to change jet stream which could throw Russia into drought.
Many conspiracies here but chew on this one. Obamas campaign to eliminate smoky air polluting two stroke engines. HAARP= "Take away snow, and reduce emissions".

snowshoe

Yeah but last year I ran my two stroke outboard more than normal so it probably equals out. actually i think the sled burns cleaner.