Snowstorm

snowfan470

Hey John,

U mentioned that certain upper air components would be beneficial for snow in the one thread "Pattern of most snow."

This is what you wrote..
"There are some upper air features that would be most beneficial, but will not get into them as they are not as easy to comprehend unless you are a meteorologist!"

Since I am studying meteorology in my first year at Iowa State...i'd like to know what upper air features would be best...

If u just list em, then I'll prolly know what your talkin about...but if u have to write 5 paragraphs on it...then i don't wanna take up too much of your time lol

john

SnowFan470-

There are lots of things and it would be difficult to express them all here. Besides, I do not want to spoil all the fun you are going to go through in the next 4 years!

The biggy would be a negatively tilted trough and another good one would be strong difluence at the jetstream level. I guess you could throw in phasing of all 3 jets too.

-John

snowfan470

lol....I know it will be fun...especially all the PHYSICS AND MATH AND ALL THAT! haha

JR!

lmao...I will! Did u go to ISU? ... b/c i see that u are a civil engineer...

J

jr

Graduated 1991. Welch Ave Station was my watering hole. It's been a few years since I have been back. It's was a lot different when I was last there. I need to get a new sweeter from T-galaxy (if it is still there). I still think of the school years from time to time. What hall are you in.

(I think we crossed over the line. We may have to do something else.)

I was involved in a snowball fight between the frats and Welch/Linden halls in 1989. It was great, there was so much snow on Lincoln Way the police closed the street for about 3 hours until the fight was over (no one got hurt).

snowfan470

lol Yep, 91 is quite a while ago and i do think things have changed since then. I'm in Lyon (Old Richardson Court) ... and i know Lyon was around back then...and yeah..Welch is right nearby.

I haven't heard of T-galaxy ... so IDK if it is still here....prolly not, I've been all over campus town and everywhere in ames so IDK...maybe it is, but i haven't seen it, or maybe it isn't...where was that T-galaxy place?

lol...and we haven't had enough SNOw Yet to have a snowball fight! ... but cross your fingers, Iowa May get a snowstorm this weekend!
happy.gif